Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(08-03-2022, 02:16 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Easily my favorite Metroidvania save Super Metroid and maybe Dread. 

I really enjoyed the Ori games as well. Wish they’d release a third!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 02:21 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I really enjoyed the Ori games as well. Wish they’d release a third!

Well i dont think thats likely... As Microsoft owns the IP and the Studio was purchased by someone else.

But you never know
Reply/Quote
Closing in on finishing Dirt 4...
Buddies and I finished the Multiplayer For Forza Horizon 3 (old i know lol)

Picked up The Crysis Trilogy.. haven't played any of these so should be fun.

Couple games coming out this week should be interesting

Thymesia ( a souls like) 8/18
The Ascent DLC 8/18
New Madden 8/19
Reply/Quote
QuakeCon (8/18 - 8/20) And GamesCon (8/19-8/21) Are coming within the next week....

Quake 2 Remastered (similar to the Quake 1 remaster we got last year) Is expected to be released @ quake con which starts 8/18

8/18 is shaping up to be a good day
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 12:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Closing in on finishing Dirt 4...
Buddies and I finished the Multiplayer For Forza Horizon 3 (old i know lol)

Picked up The Crysis Trilogy.. haven't played any of these so should be fun.

Couple games coming out this week should be interesting

Thymesia ( a souls like) 8/18
The Ascent DLC 8/18
New Madden 8/19

In another move to yet screw Bengals fans…I bet this year’s Madden doesn’t have last year’s SB teams as the “play now” mode nor will the white helmets be added (the 70s throwbacks no one uses EVERY installment are sure to make a comeback!). Instead of player-related cinematics to open the game with some trash song EA picked, it’s just different poses and ages of John Madden, with voiceover hits such as “Boom!” and “Whap!” and “Brett Farrrrrrrrvvvv!”

In all seriousness, last year was THE final time I buy Madden until some changes are made, if ever. Every year, the Bengals would do something that made me buy the following year’s edition. There were a couple Andy Dalton years where we didn’t draft well that I didn’t pick up the game but aside from that, I’ve bought it every year like an idiot. Bengals draft Burrow? GOTTA HAVE IT! Bengals draft Chase AND get new sexy uniforms?! GOTTA HAVE IT! Bengals go to the SuperBowl?! NOT THIS YEAR YOU CROOKS! Until they start putting in effort improving the game, 22 will be my last yearly toss-away of $65 to EA.

I’m still playing 22 daily. I play single player franchise mode, and my current Bengals team is on year 2037, I had to trade Burrow at his 15th season because he was finally too expensive and his rating was starting to go down (due to age?). So I traded him to the only place he’d wanna go if not here. I took New Orleans’ two years worth of first round picks and a young QB. Traded my first and the QB to the Cardinals for their freshly drafted QB (Murray was still playing but old) who Ive now built up to 99OVR. Did the same with Chase once he got older and priced himself out.

Wish they’d revamp Franchise Mode. Needs a stadium and team creator like the old ones used to. Give us coordinators with more in-depth skill trees to choose from. Improve the defense and how it reacts, mainly the secondary.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:07 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: In another move to yet screw Bengals fans…I bet this year’s Madden doesn’t have last year’s SB teams as the “play now” mode nor will the white helmets be added (the 70s throwbacks no one uses EVERY installment are sure to make a comeback!). Instead of player-related cinematics to open the game with some trash song EA picked, it’s just different poses and ages of John Madden, with voiceover hits such as “Boom!” and “Whap!” and “Brett Farrrrrrrrvvvv!”

In all seriousness, last year was THE final time I buy Madden until some changes are made, if ever. Every year, the Bengals would do something that made me buy the following year’s edition. There were a couple Andy Dalton years where we didn’t draft well that I didn’t pick up the game but aside from that, I’ve bought it every year like an idiot. Bengals draft Burrow? GOTTA HAVE IT! Bengals draft Chase AND get new sexy uniforms?! GOTTA HAVE IT! Bengals go to the SuperBowl?! NOT THIS YEAR YOU CROOKS! Until they start putting in effort improving the game, 22 will be my last yearly toss-away of $65 to EA.

I’m still playing 22 daily. I play single player franchise mode, and my current Bengals team is on year 2037, I had to trade Burrow at his 15th season because he was finally too expensive and his rating was starting to go down (due to age?). So I traded him to the only place he’d wanna go if not here. I took New Orleans’ two years worth of first round picks and a young QB. Traded my first and the QB to the Cardinals for their freshly drafted QB (Murray was still playing but old) who Ive now built up to 99OVR. Did the same with Chase once he got older and priced himself out.

Wish they’d revamp Franchise Mode. Needs a stadium and team creator like the old ones used to. Give us coordinators with more in-depth skill trees to choose from. Improve the defense and how it reacts, mainly the secondary.

To be honest i think the Last Madden i bought was 2011.   Ive been thinking about it but it seems its loaded with microtransactions now so i just pass every year.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:40 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: To be honest i think the Last Madden i bought was 2011.   Ive been thinking about it but it seems its loaded with microtransactions now so i just pass every year.

I don’t play the other modes anyways so micro transactions don’t even cross my mind. Or my screen for that matter. They can do that all they want till they’re blue in the face. Just give us back team creator and a better, more in depth stadium creator and improve the controls / responsiveness of the defensive secondary like they did for defensive linemen recently. Enough with the cookie cutter, cut & paste bs every year! STOP BEING LAZY EA (NFL should hold them to a higher standard, being their LONE video game product!)!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 02:59 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I don’t play the other modes anyways so micro transactions don’t even cross my mind. Or my screen for that matter. They can do that all they want till they’re blue in the face. Just give us back team creator and a better, more in depth stadium creator and improve the controls / responsiveness of the defensive secondary like they did for defensive linemen recently. Enough with the cookie cutter, cut & paste bs every year! STOP BEING LAZY EA (NFL should hold them to a higher standard, being their LONE video game product!)!!!

really hoping the NCAA franchise will return before too long...   There was just something about playing 2-3 years in college then getting them drafted.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 03:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really hoping the NCAA franchise will return before too long...   There was just something about playing 2-3 years in college then getting them drafted.

Yeah being able to transfer your draft classes over was cool too. I miss those days!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 01:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: QuakeCon (8/18 - 8/20)   And GamesCon (8/19-8/21)  Are coming within the next week....

Quake 2 Remastered (similar to the Quake 1 remaster we got last year)   Is expected to be released @ quake con  which starts 8/18

8/18 is shaping up to be a good day

Correction Games Con opens  8/23      (also is golden eyes 25th anniversary  and the remake has been ready for a while..  Lets see if it releases)

Kojima is also gonna show off his new game
Reply/Quote
Just discovered Kerbal Space Program. Took me 2 days to get my first orbital flight ! Really enjoying it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 03:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: really hoping the NCAA franchise will return before too long...   There was just something about playing 2-3 years in college then getting them drafted.

Agreed - NCAA was by far the better game.  I loved both playing n individual for 4 years and "Campaign" mode.  I loved taking  nothing school, and making the tp program in the country.  I can't wait for it to come back......assuming they don't F--k it up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quake Con today @ 1:00PM EST

Also Ascent DLC
Potentially Quake 2 Remaster
Come out today.

Other Gaming news..

Embracer Group now Owns LOTR and the HOBBIT IPs and picked up another few studios and a new publisher Along with Limit run Games (make psychical copies of digital only games for collectors)

Embracer eariler this year purchased the Western Division of Square Inx with Crystal Dynamics, Edidos Montreal and Square Montreal. With Tombraider and some other IPs
Reply/Quote
Dead island 2 has a release date.... 2.3.23

No new quake on Xbox yet.. Other than they added 3 round CTF to Quake Remaster

but quake con has some days left.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dead island 2 has a release date....  2.3.23

When was that game originally supposed to launch? 2015? Facepalm
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 08:58 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: When was that game originally supposed to launch? 2015? Facepalm

Dead island 2?   never had a release date.. But the original trailer was probly shown off around 2014...   Recently it was spoofed by the Goat simulator 3 trailer lol...

Dead island 2 had a little dev hell but it looks great.

Looks like it might be dropping right around the time of Redfall though so it will be coop zombies vs coop vampire hunting this spring
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2022, 09:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dead island 2 has a release date....  2.3.23

They did add a lot of Games to Gamepass PC...    

Quake 4
Quake Champions (Its Free to Play but they added an unlock for all Champions to gamepass)
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Wolfenstein
Elders Scrolls Legend Battlespire
The Elder Scrolls Redgaurd

And some More to the MS Store (PC)
Hexen
and Both Heretic Games

Additional  DEATHS STRANDING.. drops on PC Gamepass 8.23

And Gamescon starts tomorrow Kicks off 2pm EST goes thruout the week
Reply/Quote
Sony Announced its raising the Price of its consoles by ruffly 10% for basically everywhere but the USA for now.... (For you way out of towners...)

Recently META raised its VR Headset cost as well...

Currently MS and Nintendo stated they have no plays for raising prices.

In other news... The new atomic hearts trailer was absolutely nuts... (link below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbIc2_FwReE

****** BIG RUMOR TODAY***** Amazon is apparently making an offer to buy EA (This rumor has been shot down apparently... But we will see they normally come out of nowhere)
Reply/Quote
So glad I didn’t waste the money this year!

https://kotaku.com/madden-23-reviews-nfl-title-update-fix-broken-ps5-1849462010?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab
Reply/Quote
(08-26-2022, 02:06 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: So glad I didn’t waste the money this year!

https://kotaku.com/madden-23-reviews-nfl-title-update-fix-broken-ps5-1849462010?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab

a damn shame for the Year Madden himself is on the Cover....
Reply/Quote