Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(07-14-2022, 09:22 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Yeah the best farm I found for runes was at the Palace place underground, the first site of Grace. Shoot down at the big bird and it runs off cliff for about 11k, then turn around and use the Elden sword that wipes out almost all those one things sitting around with the holy strike skill. With a rune buffer, its over 50k in less than 30 secs. I also saw on utube there are glitches where you can fall off map at certain spots and gain a lot of runes, then teleport back to the grace. But not doing those because too much of an exploit. At least one above the devs put it in the game.

One thing they need to fix which can be super annoying is how in-game messages show up as intended. But you have to manually click Y button to take it off your screen which has cost me  few times when getting ganged up on with message on and im trying to jump or roll out of the way and it wont do it because I didnt hit Y to remove message. Super annoying.

Currently already started NG+, and it's a ton easier. I did another respec, but went high Faith instead of high Arcane, as im using the Elder sword you get from the Elden boss at end of game. Im just mowing thru bosses like Radahn who I struggled a ton with first time. Getting ready to finish up Nokron and the other underground areas I can get to so far. 

i only use the sword swipe now... the bird is less than 100% to hit... I can run use my weapon art immedately turn and run back to the site of grace and repeat..   Boring but Effective and needed if you want to buy enough upgrade stones for 1 of everything lol.

Havent started my NG+ yet waiting for a DLC announcment.

On another note....  I am now at the end of Red Dead 2s story.. Maybe 1 or 2 main missions left if i had to guess....   What a ride (no pun intended) the story is.

I almost don't want to finish it cause i can tell at least 1 thing that will happen.  but i gotta see it thru
Reply/Quote
God of War Ragnarok Preorder supposedly go live today if you are trying for a collectors edition i wouldnt wait.
Reply/Quote
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2 remaster comes out tomorrow all platforms.

Stray comes out on PS4/5 today

Forza Horizon 5 Hotwheels DLC and as Dusk Falls drops on xbox Today
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: *****

On another note....  I am now at the end of Red Dead 2s story.. Maybe 1 or 2 main missions left if i had to guess....   What a ride (no pun intended) the story is.

I almost don't want to finish it cause i can tell at least 1 thing that will happen.  but i gotta see it thru

I literally just started RDRII - any advice for the beginner?  I haven't found it difficult, just not very interesting, but I think I'm still in the prologue.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 02:07 PM)Stewy Wrote: I literally just started RDRII - any advice for the beginner?  I haven't found it difficult, just not very interesting, but I think I'm still in the prologue.

the very very beginning is super slow....  I think the into took several hours.   When you reach the first main camp south of Valentine you are at Chapter 2.  and the game opens up.     

As i played i made sure to do all the White quest markers as soon as i could as they are optional and can close out if you advance the main quests to far.    

If you bought the Ultimate edition run to valentine asap as there is some free weapons and a horse you can ge from the shops  (if not you will be coming here often enough   but its my main spot for ammo and supplies early)

After that run the Gold Quest...  Ones for Dutch you might save till last  to make sure not to out advance the others but i think you might have to do all the Gold quest no matter the order.

SAVE OFTEN!!!! and rotate slots.  (mainly in case you mess up and want to replay a mission or section as if you die outside a mission you might lose money depending on how and the more money you have the more you lose... Also if your worried about honor i tired to keep my honor as high as possible)

High Honor leads to better discounts and more quest.

Pick up all the items you can and use the health items when in combat to max out your dead eye or health/stamina.

I paid off my bounties as soon as i could minus the 300$ one you start with i waited till i had plenty of cash for that one.

You cant go WEST till the game is over.

Also the game has a lot of random elements/events...   that will play out differently or not exist if you reload.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 02:07 PM)Stewy Wrote: I literally just started RDRII - any advice for the beginner?  I haven't found it difficult, just not very interesting, but I think I'm still in the prologue.

Yeah the beginning imho was atmospheric, but not all that interesting. The game starts over when you're out of the snow.

As for advice, you learn throughout the game mostly. One thing I'd say, don't travel in the higher regions at nighttime. There are animals out to kill you, which can be annoying. Aside from that, exploring the free world out of missions can be quite rewarding (after you're out of the first snow camp), hence I suggest not just rushing through and doing all available missions at once. This game is full of weird encounters and hidden gems.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 02:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: the very very beginning is super slow....  I think the into took several hours.   When you reach the first main camp south of Valentine you are at Chapter 2.  and the game opens up.     

As i played i made sure to do all the White quest markers as soon as i could as they are optional and can close out if you advance the main quests to far.    

If you bought the Ultimate edition run to valentine asap as there is some free weapons and a horse you can ge from the shops  (if not you will be coming here often enough   but its my main spot for ammo and supplies early)

After that run the Gold Quest...  Ones for Dutch you might save till last  to make sure not to out advance the others but i think you might have to do all the Gold quest no matter the order.

SAVE OFTEN!!!! and rotate slots.  (mainly in case you mess up and want to replay a mission or section as if you die outside a mission you might lose money depending on how and the more money you have the more you lose... Also if your worried about honor i tired to keep my honor as high as possible)

High Honor leads to better discounts and more quest.

Pick up all the items you can and use the health items when in combat to max out your dead eye or health/stamina.

I paid off my bounties as soon as i could minus the 300$ one you start with i waited till i had plenty of cash for that one.

You cant go WEST till the game is over.

Also the game has a lot of random elements/events...   that will play out differently or not exist if you reload.

(07-19-2022, 03:23 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah the beginning imho was atmospheric, but not all that interesting. The game starts over when you're out of the snow.

As for advice, you learn throughout the game mostly. One thing I'd say, don't travel in the higher regions at nighttime. There are animals out to kill you, which can be annoying. Aside from that, exploring the free world out of missions can be quite rewarding (after you're out of the first snow camp), hence I suggest not just rushing through and doing all available missions at once. This game is full of weird encounters and hidden gems.

Thanks guys.

I think I just have the regular edition.  Might upgrade.  I like free stuff.
Reply/Quote

Yeh the prologue is up in the snowy area, if I remember takes about 2 hours or so.

Best way to describe RDR2 imo is that it is a story-driven game at it's core. The voice acting in this game might be the best of all time imo, and it makes it that much more immersive. And you can play it how you like. If you just want to do the main story, you can. Or if you want to do side-missions and side stories via exploring etc., you can. If you want to do all that and go for the 100% completion on top of those like I did (and will never do again), well you get it.

I think to get the best RDR2 experience do a few of the side missions along the way with the main story. There are some good ones too that can be found randomly when riding around. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-14-2022, 10:01 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: i only use the sword swipe now... the bird is less than 100% to hit... I can run use my weapon art immedately turn and run back to the site of grace and repeat..   Boring but Effective and needed if you want to buy enough upgrade stones for 1 of everything lol.

Havent started my NG+ yet waiting for a DLC announcment.

RDR2 is one of my 'goat' games. Got so immersed, ended up doing the 100% in-game completion thing. So many little 'eggs' and secrets in the game, even a couple from GTA5 carried over since both are Rockstar games.

As to Elden Ring, I just finished the NG+1 playthru and stopping there. It was a cakewalk overall. Took me 2 times to beat Melania, 3 times the Elden boss at end (pest incantation just crushed it), and pretty much first timed all the others. Mainly just did all the big bosses, and went after all the final smithing stones, as there was no reason to do caves and dungeons again. The time vs runes ratio just wasnt worth it. Plus by time I hit the FARM, using gold talisman and gold finger consumable, I was getting well over 100k per swipe. Makes worrying about losing runes pretty trivial at that point, and was able to stock up with all the upgrade mats for weapons bar the last ones.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2022, 11:37 PM)Millhouse Wrote: RDR2 is one of my 'goat' games. Got so immersed, ended up doing the 100% in-game completion thing. So many little 'eggs' and secrets in the game, even a couple from GTA5 carried over since both are Rockstar games.
Will say after playing the story of RDR2 i might give GTA5 story a shot.  if its close to the level of story telling it should be good.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 08:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Will say after playing the story of RDR2 i might give GTA5 story a shot.  if its close to the level of story telling it should be good.

You’ve never played GTA5’s story mode?! Oh man, you are in for a treat!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 01:19 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: You’ve never played GTA5’s story mode?! Oh man, you are in for a treat!

honestly not sure if i ever beat any GTA story mode... was always just about the sandbox for me.  so ill give it a shot.  Was just a little bummed i finally bought GTA 5   then they released a (XS / PS5) version instead of an upgrade to existing ones
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:02 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: honestly not sure if i ever beat any GTA story mode... was always just about the sandbox for me.  so ill give it a shot.  Was just a little bummed i finally bought GTA 5   then they released a (XS / PS5) version instead of an upgrade to existing ones

Once you unlock Trevor, you will instantly regret not playing the story mode sooner! His obnoxious dialog and “strange places” you find him in when you swap to him (three main characters, you can swap between them at any point if unlocked and not in a mission, or swap IN-mission if the story includes them) constantly had me laughing non stop!
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 12:24 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Once you unlock Trevor, you will instantly regret not playing the story mode sooner! His obnoxious dialog and “strange places” you find him in when you swap to him (three main characters, you can swap between them at any point if unlocked and not in a mission, or swap IN-mission if the story includes them) constantly had me laughing non stop!

I will get on GTA V sooner than later...   I always go thru a little lull period after finishing an Extremely large game though...  

Just been racing with my buddy in Dirt 4 and FH3  (yep 2 old games) 
Reply/Quote
Just played through Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night and man did I have a good time! Hope it gets a sequel or another story with that “Metroidvania” feel. I loved the Ori games, the new Metroid was good too, now this. Castlevania Symphony of the Night was probably my favorite PSOne game back in the day, I played through it, farming all the items and spells, many many times and this game just brought back all those warm feelings. Its on sale on PSN right now for under $20. Highly recommend!
Reply/Quote
Played thru The Artful Escape...

Relaxing little game mostly walking to the left or right (while holding a button to play music) then main mini game is like simon says. About 4 hour game pretty decent music. (i played on gamepass Probably wouldn't recommend for over 5$ based on how short it is)

I think Outer Worlds will be played soon.... (i still have someone's post about it saved with tips from last time i mentioned it...)
Reply/Quote
Playing through the MegaMan X series.
Reply/Quote
Ran thru As Dusk Falls... Its a fun story narrative game. with many branching paths.

And easy replayability (many spots to choose to replay from) Its short maybe 6 hours to run thru the game... Maybe another 6 to see what you missed. Not sure id pay full price but if you have game pass worth a playthru
Reply/Quote
Currently cussing my way through HollowKnight, another “Metroidvania” type. Inventing new swear words like I’m playing a 2D Elden Ring.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2022, 12:59 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Currently cussing my way through HollowKnight, another “Metroidvania” type.  Inventing new swear words like I’m playing a 2D Elden Ring.

Easily my favorite Metroidvania save Super Metroid and maybe Dread. 
Reply/Quote