Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
So there was a TON of new game videos this week...

Dead Island 2 was a nice surprise...

But the game that came out of nowhere... Is Killer Klowns from Outer Space........ 3v7 game
Reply/Quote
Some Gaming Events upcoming..

Ubisoft Direct 9/9
Disney/Marvel Game Showcase 9/9
Toyko Game Show 9/14
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 11:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Some Gaming Events upcoming..

Ubisoft Direct 9/9
Disney/Marvel Game Showcase 9/9
Toyko Game Show 9/14

I did see the new Assassins Creed is supposed to be about Basim. Did he have any role in the DLC's? That's the only part of the franchise I haven't finished yet.

Also heard it may be going back to its roots, which I preferred the originals although I can't lie after my AC Marathon I can't lie that I really enjoyed Origins this time around and Odyssey while very long was still fun even though I had gotten through about half of it the first time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:32 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: I did see the new Assassins Creed is supposed to be about Basim. Did he have any role in the DLC's? That's the only part of the franchise I haven't finished yet.

Also heard it may be going back to its roots, which I preferred the originals although I can't lie after my AC Marathon I can't lie that I really enjoyed Origins this time around and Odyssey while very long was still fun even though I had gotten through about half of it the first time.

I hope they get back to more of the roots, with naval battles being welcomed ie. Black Flag and Odyssey. Both of which are probably my two favorite AC games. I didn't care much for Valhalla as that game just dragged on and on and on (never did finish it lol) But if the new takes place in Baghdad around 800ad, I don't know how immersed I can get into it. To be honest, I loved the settings in the Caribbean and ancient Greece, and of course the naval fights. But Baghdad though, ehh it's a wait and see on that one.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Really not playing a whole lot at moment. Messing around with a couple indi games on the pc, war strategy games.

I did do another playthrough on Elden Ring as a battle mage basically. Mainly sorcerer but part sword and part bow too. Ive never did a sorcerer build before, in any Souls game, so it was interesting though I needed help with the build via youtube vids etc.

I will say that the build I had made the game a ton easier, up until Melania who I did a respec for. I also did a respec for elden beast (pest thread incantation for easy mode) and the dragon placdusax (used the bubble maker great hammer for easy mode, Long Horn I think its name is. It makes any dragon fight super easy as well).
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 03:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I hope they get back to more of the roots, with naval battles being welcomed ie. Black Flag and Odyssey. Both of which are probably my two favorite AC games. I didn't care much for Valhalla as that game just dragged on and on and on (never did finish it lol) But if the new takes place in Baghdad around 800ad, I don't know how immersed I can get into it. To be honest, I loved the settings in the Caribbean and ancient Greece, and of course the naval fights. But Baghdad though, ehh it's a wait and see on that one.

I was under the impression it will take place in a similar location to AC1? Or the Ezio trilogy I can’t remember which one off the top of my head. No to naval battles for me. Run the entire series in a marathon like I did and you get real sick of naval battles lol. Maybe like origins they had some naval scenes but it wasn’t an big part of the game
Reply/Quote
There is a Big ubisoft Event tomorrow i believe and they are possibly announcing about 5 new AC experiences...

The Basim Story. (was not part of the DLCs that i remember in Valhalla) This game will be more like the OG ACs
2 Sections for AC Infinity
A Mobile Game
And something i cant remember. Hopefully AC1 Remastered
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 09:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: There is a Big ubisoft Event tomorrow i believe and they are possibly announcing about 5 new AC experiences...

The Basim Story. (was not part of the DLCs that i remember in Valhalla) This game will be more like the OG ACs
A Mobile Game
And something i cant remember. Hopefully AC1 Remastered

Wish they’d announce a new Immortals Fenyx Rising. That game is so much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 02:39 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Wish they’d announce a new Immortals Fenyx Rising. That game is so much fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they might i only have been paying attention to AC and Skull and Bones news.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2022, 09:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: There is a Big ubisoft Event tomorrow i believe and they are possibly announcing about 5 new AC experiences...

The Basim Story.  (was not part of the DLCs that i remember in Valhalla)   This game will be more like the OG ACs
A Mobile Game

And something i cant remember.   Hopefully AC1 Remastered

Lets just scrap both of those. Sound like terrible ideas. Glad they are doing something besides the Infinity garbage.

I would also welcome AC1 remastered so I can platinum them all.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 02:57 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Lets just scrap both of those. Sound like terrible ideas. Glad they are doing something besides the Infinity garbage.

I would also welcome AC1 remastered so I can platinum them all.

Infinity might not be bad... But dont know exactly what it is.   the 2 games for Inifinity so far seemed like Roman Which hunts and Japan setting both which could be good.

5th thing is a AC VR game.       But its hard to believe AC1 wont get a remaster and thrown in with a games Season Pass  maybe with Infinity
Reply/Quote
Disney Marvel Showcase today @ 4 PM est....

Who knows what will be there.

Will sonys spiderman 2?
The rumored Mandalorian game?
Indiana Jones
KOTOR Remaster even though it just suffered a major set back
Wolverine?
Iron Man rumored game
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 09:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Disney Marvel Showcase today @ 4 PM est....

Will sonys spiderman 2?
Indiana Jones
Wolverine?
Iron Man rumored game

None of that was there it was a complete trash show lol...

Finished Mafia 1 Playthru this weekend.  the new remastered or remade one... It was pretty good.   just gotta clean up the collectibles and then onto the 2nd one
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:40 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: None of that was there it was a complete trash show lol...

Finished Mafia 1 Playthru this weekend.  the new remastered or remade one... It was pretty good.   just gotta clean up the collectibles and then onto the 2nd one

Man screw mafia i was doing my collectibles cleanup when the game crashed and destroyed my save file ??‍♂️
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:00 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Man screw mafia i was doing my collectibles cleanup when the game crashed and destroyed my save file ??‍♂️

Ohhh ill keep a watch for that...  Was that the Original or the Newer Remake?    Hopefully if that happens i can recover a cloud save.
I also started Crysis Remaster.. I have never played these old PC killers figured 3 games for 18$ was a good deal.

BIG NEWS TODAY!!!

Nintendo Direct is Live @ 10 AM EST except in Britain where they have to wait till its over and catch and upload.

And Playstation State of Play @ 6PM EST...   

I believe both Showcases are about 20 minutes....  Sony said they had about 10 games to show dont know on Nintendo.

Then

ID @ Xbox and the Tokyo Game Show is on 9/15.

So lots of gaming news this week.

**Also Bonnie Ross the Studio Head of 343i is stepping down for Family Medical Reasons. A team of 3 senior Leaders are taking over the Halo Studio.
Hopefully they can bounce back the perception of Halo Infinite. (I know of 2 of the People Joseph Staten OG Halo guy. and the guy that Fixed The master chief collection)
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2022, 09:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Disney Marvel Showcase today @ 4 PM est....

Will sonys spiderman 2?
Indiana Jones
Wolverine?
Iron Man rumored game

Just looked up the issues with the KOTOR remake.  ASPYR should never have been given the project.  They were always too small.  While details are limited, what's been said is that Lucas and SONY were both displeased with the progress of the game.  Looks like we're at least 2-3 years out before the game is out.

Changing hands doesn't increase my optimism for what will happen to the game.  If they try to make it "better", they're screwed.  Re-tell the same story, improve the combat, but keep the spirit of the old combat.  All they have to do is modernize, the old game.  You can't repaint master pieces and expect the same magic.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 08:59 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Ohhh ill keep a watch for that...  Was that the Original or the Newer Remake?    Hopefully if that happens i can recover a cloud save.
I also started Crysis Remaster.. I have never played these old PC killers figured 3 games for 18$ was a good deal.

BIG NEWS TODAY!!!

Nintendo Direct is Live @ 10 AM EST except in Britain where they have to wait till its over and catch and upload.

And Playstation State of Play @ 6PM EST...   

I believe both Showcases are about 20 minutes....  Sony said they had about 10 games to show dont know on Nintendo.

Then

ID @ Xbox and the Tokyo Game Show is on 9/15.

So lots of gaming news this week.

**Also Bonnie Ross the Studio Head of 343i is stepping down for Family Medical Reasons. A team of 3 senior Leaders are taking over the Halo Studio.
Hopefully they can bounce back the perception of Halo Infinite. (I know of 2 of the People Joseph Staten OG Halo guy. and the guy that Fixed The master chief collection)

The remaster. I have to do the hardest difficultly playthrough for a trophy I think but now I’ll have to redo all the collectibles as well which sucks
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:59 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The remaster. I have to do the hardest difficultly playthrough for a trophy I think but now I’ll have to redo all the collectibles as well which sucks

Right thats what im working towards now.. Finished the Story... did the odd ball achievments like Pop a wheelie and such...   
Just collectibles now and the Hard mode.  

not sure on PS but if your on Xbox try deleting your save from just the Console and see if it will redownload a cloud save.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 09:52 AM)Stewy Wrote: Just looked up the issues with the KOTOR remake.  ASPYR should never have been given the project.  They were always too small.  While details are limited, what's been said is that Lucas and SONY were both displeased with the progress of the game.  Looks like we're at least 2-3 years out before the game is out.

Changing hands doesn't increase my optimism for what will happen to the game.  If they try to make it "better", they're screwed.  Re-tell the same story, improve the combat, but keep the spirit of the old combat.  All they have to do is modernize, the old game.  You can't repaint master pieces and expect the same magic.

Will say i never had Faith in Aspyr either...

Saber  interactive have done some decent remasters in the past.  Hopefully they can pull it together.... the dialog and story is all there just needs a little graphics and engine touch up...  I dont even want combat changed   just make it look better and in HD.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 10:09 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Will say i never had Faith in Aspyr either...

Saber  interactive have done some decent remasters in the past.  Hopefully they can pull it together.... the dialog and story is all there just needs a little graphics and engine touch up...  I dont even want combat changed   just make it look better and in HD.

Well Aspyr was doing more than a re-master.  It was a full remake.  Perhaps that was reported breakdown between developers and management.  But I don't see how they could touch up the graphics with an engine that hasn't been used since Jade Empire.

Jennifer Hale confirmed that she re-recorded her Bastila dialogue, but why was always my question.  Were the original recording not available?  Were they not HD?  

Were they trying to voice the protagonist as well?  Aspyr had VA's recording dialogue who were not a part of the original game.

Did Aspyr completely over reach?  Regardless, I'm not a fan of a remake that either A) doesn't include Bioware OR B) Changes the story in meaningful ways.
Reply/Quote