Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are you Playing Now & General Game Discussions
(09-13-2022, 02:05 PM)Stewy Wrote: Well Aspyr was doing more than a re-master.  It was a full remake.  Perhaps that was reported breakdown between developers and management.  But I don't see how they could touch up the graphics with an engine that hasn't been used since Jade Empire.

Jennifer Hale confirmed that she re-recorded her Bastila dialogue, but why was always my question.  Were the original recording not available?  Were they not HD?  

Were they trying to voice the protagonist as well?  Aspyr had VA's recording dialogue who were not a part of the original game.

Did Aspyr completely over reach?  Regardless, I'm not a fan of a remake that either A) doesn't include Bioware OR B) Changes the story in meaningful ways.

No they would have to rebuild on a new engine...(like Sony did with Demon Souls... Or Mass Effect 1/Mafia 1 etc) But they dont have the change the basic of how the combat works.

Original recordings probly were not of high quality compared to todays games.  Or they are changing Dialog itself. (which is a worry i have)

All i know is Aspyr was excited to show it to Disney and Sony then 2 of the top people got fired right after they showed the video and they lost the project so whatever they were doing... was not what was asked.

im with you.....   The story cant be changed. shouldnt be changed.  The basic gameplay can be improved but shouldnt be drastically changed.. (like they were talking God of War type combat.. Barf)
Reply/Quote
Highlights from the Nintendo Direct for me....

New Zelda game... (sequel to Breath of the Wild... "Tear of the kingdom" i think it was called)

Golden eye 007 is coming soon to Nintendo Online with Online Multiplayer And Xbox // Game Pass... If you own Rare Replay Digitally you will receive a free copy.
^^ Xbox will only have local multiplayer Online is exclusive to Switch...^^
Reply/Quote
https://www.cnet.com/tech/gaming/new-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-2-trailer-name-revealed/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab
Reply/Quote
Where the deuce is Metroid Prime Trilogy for switch already?

Always excited for a new Fire Emblem.

If it's a Goldeneye port watch out. That game benefits a ton from nostalgia goggles. Online should be fun though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 02:55 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Where the deuce is Metroid Prime Trilogy for switch already?

Always excited for a new Fire Emblem.

If it's a Goldeneye port watch out. That game benefits a ton from nostalgia goggles. Online should be fun though.

A remaster of Goldeneye was complete a few years back i believe.  So its not completely new it just never released anywhere   Maybe do to licensing rights  MGM vs Rare vs Nintendo....

Okay Found this....   

////Rumors of a GoldenEye 007 remaster have been making the rounds for a while now. Today, it was finally revealed in the weirdest way possible. While Nintendo promoted a port with online play for its Switch Online Expansion Pack during a big September Direct, Microsoft quietly revealed a better version of the game would be coming to Xbox Game Pass at some point as well.

The Switch Online version is presumably just a port running in an emulator with additional features. On Xbox, however, GoldenEye 007 maker Rare is promising achievements, dual analogue stick support, 4K resolution, and a “smoother framerate.” It’s not clear if that means it’s targeting 60 FPS or not, but based on the teaser it definitely looks higher than the original./////

Xbox does own Rare now.  didnt expect different versions
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 03:36 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: A remaster of Goldeneye was complete a few years back i believe.  So its not completely new it just never released anywhere   Maybe do to licensing rights  MGM vs Rare vs Nintendo....

Okay Found this....   

////Rumors of a GoldenEye 007 remaster have been making the rounds for a while now. Today, it was finally revealed in the weirdest way possible. While Nintendo promoted a port with online play for its Switch Online Expansion Pack during a big September Direct, Microsoft quietly revealed a better version of the game would be coming to Xbox Game Pass at some point as well.

The Switch Online version is presumably just a port running in an emulator with additional features. On Xbox, however, GoldenEye 007 maker Rare is promising achievements, dual analogue stick support, 4K resolution, and a “smoother framerate.” It’s not clear if that means it’s targeting 60 FPS or not, but based on the teaser it definitely looks higher than the original./////

Xbox does own Rare now.  didnt expect different versions

I remember there being a not totally garbage remake of it on the switch that used the gun thingamajigger. I'm looking forward to it either way. 

I will say that since I saw the direct this morning I've been listening to the game's OST all day while working. Absolute perfection. 
Reply/Quote
Never played GoldenEye

What kind of game is it?

I know people rave about it being one of the best games of all time, so I'll give it a shot when it comes to Xbox.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 04:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: Never played GoldenEye

What kind of game is it?  

I know people rave about it being one of the best games of all time, so I'll give it a shot when it comes to Xbox.

It's to console FPS games what DOOM was to PC FPS games.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 04:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: Never played GoldenEye

What kind of game is it?  

It might not Hold up as well... It was a Huge hit on N64... With 4 player split screen multiplayer.

Perfect Dark was similar i think...

But if you have rare replay or Gamepass it be free to try.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2022, 04:15 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: It's to console FPS games what DOOM was to PC FPS games.

(09-13-2022, 04:32 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: It might not Hold up as well... It was a Huge hit on N64... With 4 player split screen multiplayer.

Perfect Dark was similar i think...

But if you have rare replay or Gamepass it be free to try.

Well since it will be free for me (gamepass), I'll give it a try, but I hate shooters on consoles with a passion.  Aiming sucks.  I need a mouse for shooters.
Reply/Quote
Playstation State of Play was pretty good.... Best ive seen in a while to be honest.

Tekken 8

2 PSVR2 games (no interest there for me)

Like a Dragon Ishin * (definately want to play this)
Project Eve
SynDuality
Ronin (by Noah devs)
God of War Gameplay

Trailers available here
https://www.ign.com/articles/playstation-state-of-play-september-2022-everything-announced?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c
Reply/Quote
Ubisoft just confirmed their “Big AAA” games (AC will no doubt be in this category) will now be priced starting at $70.

I bet DLCs get price hiked as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2022, 12:19 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Ubisoft just confirmed their “Big AAA” games (AC will no doubt be in this category) will now be priced starting at $70.

I bet DLCs get price hiked as well.

The Big AC games like  Valhalla will definately go to 70...  and they already announced Skull and Bones @ 70

But AC Mirage  is listed @ 50...   So not every game jumping just whatever they deem BIG AAA
Reply/Quote
Sweeeeeeet! Can’t wait for a new Hollowknight!

https://www.ign.com/articles/hollow-knight-silksong-confirmed-for-ps4-and-ps5?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab
Reply/Quote
I am starting to See Series X in Stores now if anyone still looking...

PS5 just announced a new version... Its going to be an Slimmer All Digital with a Attachable Disc drive
Reply/Quote
Death loop has made it to Xbox... First hour so far was pretty entertaining.

I believe its dropping in PSNow as well
Reply/Quote
https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/logitech-reveals-its-g-cloud-handheld-for-xbox-streaming-heres-everything-we-know?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c

Logitech 4k 60fps handheld device is coming in october.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2022, 09:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Death loop has made it to Xbox...  First hour so far was pretty entertaining.

I believe its dropping in PSNow as well

Deathloop was a very interesting game. I didn't finish it among moving and playing a few other games, but I liked it.
Reply/Quote
New Call of Duty MW2 OPEN beta goes live @ 1 PM EST today if your interested in trying it out. if you have early Access (preorder)

Or Saturday for everyone
Reply/Quote
Prodeus Just hit Console

Reply/Quote