September has Quiet a few big games Launching... How many are you playing

9/6
Starfield - Xbox/PC
Baldurs Gate 3- PS5
9/8 - NBA 2k24
9/14 - Crew Motorfest
9/18 - Mortal Kombat 1
9/21 - PAyday 3
9/26 - CyberPunk Phantom Liberty DLC / 2.0 Update (update is free)
9/28 - Sonic Frontier DLC
9/29 -FC24

Starfield definately for me.
MK1 is a wait (for price drop)
BG3 im waiting for Xbox version
Cyberpunk and Sonic DLCs will pick up at some point.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 12:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: September has Quiet a few big games Launching... How many are you playing

9/6
Starfield - Xbox/PC
Baldurs Gate 3- PS5
9/8 - NBA 2k24
9/14 - Crew Motorfest
9/18 - Mortal Kombat 1
9/21 - PAyday 3
9/26 - CyberPunk Phantom Liberty DLC / 2.0 Update (update is free)
9/28 - Sonic Frontier DLC
9/29 -FC24

Starfield definately for me.
MK1 is a wait (for price drop)
BG3 im waiting for Xbox version
Cyberpunk and Sonic DLCs will pick up at some point.

So is cyberpunk ok now? I bought it when it came out and played it for 2 hours…haven’t been back since
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:00 PM)basballguy Wrote: So is cyberpunk ok now?  I bought it when it came out and played it for 2 hours…haven’t been back since

I tried it for a few hours last year it wasnt bad.   and this update to 2.0 basically adds in a bunch of things they originally had to strip out. and is only for next gen consoles/pc

and the DLC is a big expansion.

If you still own the game wait for the update and maybe try it again.

Here is a breakdown of whats coming with it 

https://hothardware.com/news/cp2077-expansion-detailed

id say its in a better state now than it was when it launched for Sure...  But PC was probly the best version at launch
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 01:00 PM)basballguy Wrote: So is cyberpunk ok now?  I bought it when it came out and played it for 2 hours…haven’t been back since

Played it on PC when it first came out and I didn't really have any problems with it other than like 2-3 times where I got a bug that forced me to shut down and reopen the game. I enjoyed it overall. I didn't have a ton of bugs to deal with, so that's clearly more lucky on my part.

Looking forward to the 2.0 and DLC so I can play through it again.

- - - - - -

Enjoying Starfield right now. It's clearly a Bethesda game for better and for worse, but it's pretty decent. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Turns out that I had extra funds in my PS wallet so I bought Armored Core 6.

Bosses are a little too Dark-Soulsy while the normal levels are too not Dark-Soulsy, not sure how I feel about it. One of my all-time favorite franchises and it's good to be back at it though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2023, 07:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Played it on PC when it first came out and I didn't really have any problems with it other than like 2-3 times where I got a bug that forced me to shut down and reopen the game. I enjoyed it overall. I didn't have a ton of bugs to deal with, so that's clearly more lucky on my part.

Looking forward to the 2.0 and DLC so I can play through it again.

- - - - - -

Enjoying Starfield right now. It's clearly a Bethesda game for better and for worse, but it's pretty decent. 

I would never want Bethesda to make another type of game lol
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: ok I made it to the end of BG3 Act 2...finally. I've paused playing it so I can give Starfield a whirl.

Question on Starfield -

Is performance the same whether i use XBox game pass or download on Steam (from PC)? My computer isn't exactly state of the art but even after 5 years I still find myself running most (all) games on max settings. However, Starfield seems to cripple my GeForce 1070 and the game freezes every now and then. I'm wondering if I should just buy it on steam instead of running through game pass.

So my brother had to remind me I built my current computer 9 years ago and that my video card is at least 6 years old…so I guess my computer isn’t as great as it once was and it’s now time to upgrade. I play through the performance issues but I might just table playing Starfield until I upgrade.

Sadness
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2023, 04:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I would never want Bethesda to make another type of game lol

But they ruined rule #1 of playing any Bethesada game. PICK UP EVERYTHING
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 08:52 AM)Synric Wrote: But they ruined rule #1 of playing any Bethesada game. PICK UP EVERYTHING

Nah you can still Hoard and Loot everything if you choose just takes work.  (trust me my companions mention it to me all the time that i need to let things go lol)

move stuff to companions till they all full stuff your ship till its full  update your carry weight update your ship load.

You can walk with 1000 mass on you lol (just no fast travel)   *maybe more i have just never topped 1000 yet
You can Drop loot on the floor of your ship it will stay.

You have an unlimited stash box in the Lodge on Jemison.

But also Sell that crap lol...  Then wait 24 hours and sell some more. (repeat till satisfied)

There is a Vendor in the Den(Wolf System) with 11k credits and a kiosk there with another 5k
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2023, 01:18 PM)basballguy Wrote: ok I made it to the end of BG3 Act 2...finally.  I've paused playing it so I can give Starfield a whirl.  

Question on Starfield -

Is performance the same whether i use XBox game pass or download on Steam (from PC)?  My computer isn't exactly state of the art but even after 5 years I still find myself running most (all) games on max settings.  However, Starfield seems to cripple my GeForce 1070 and the game freezes every now and then.  I'm wondering if I should just buy it on steam instead of running through game pass.

Space battles make me think of the old Wing Commander games.  I'm not sure if I like it or hate it.  So far though it seems exactly like what it was billed as...Skyrim in space...which is all most of us could ask for.

I think Act 3 is longer than Act 1 and 2 put together. There is so much to do in the city, it's insane. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2023, 06:17 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I think Act 3 is longer than Act 1 and 2 put together. There is so much to do in the city, it's insane. 

I don't remember if it was Stewy or CKWin that had commented on it but i kinda scoffed (in my head) when they indicated they might not have the time to invest in a game that takes this long, but lol now i'm starting to feel the same way.  It took 111 hours to get through Act 2 and that's not counting deaths, reloads, random game crashes and things like that.  

The first part of Act 3 was pretty straight forward but now that I've made it into the city i'm just so overwhelmed lol.  
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 12:51 AM)basballguy Wrote: I don't remember if it was Stewy or CKWin that had commented on it but i kinda scoffed (in my head) when they indicated they might not have the time to invest in a game that takes this long, but lol now i'm starting to feel the same way.  It took 111 hours to get through Act 2 and that's not counting deaths, reloads, random game crashes and things like that.  

The first part of Act 3 was pretty straight forward but now that I've made it into the city i'm just so overwhelmed lol.  

I don't have timeto invest to play crappy games but I have all the time I need to play this one. I'm not in a hurry, it takes time. I'm pretty sure there is something to do in every house of the city. 

I put a mod where I can play with all my companions. It makes a decent team of 8 ( they are talking a LOT with each others ) and you don't miss any line because you don't have the right companion. I adjust the difficulty to make it enjoyable and it's a whole new game. 

Very good work, it's nice to see it.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 07:56 AM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: I don't have timeto invest to play crappy games but I have all the time I need to play this one. I'm not in a hurry, it takes time. I'm pretty sure there is something to do in every house of the city. 

I put a mod where I can play with all my companions. It makes a decent team of 8 ( they are talking a LOT with each others ) and you don't miss any line because you don't have the right companion. I adjust the difficulty to make it enjoyable and it's a whole new game. 

Very good work, it's nice to see it.

whats the party max without the mod? 

If you enjoy BG3 type of Games OwlCat Studios is another to watch. with Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader launching this December 7th... Also their previous game PathFinder Wraith of the Righteous was highly acclaimed

https://www.ign.com/articles/warhammer-40000-rogue-trader-gets-release-date-console-release
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 08:57 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: whats the party max without the mod? 

If you enjoy BG3 type of Games OwlCat Studios is another to watch.  with Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader launching this December 7th...  Also their previous game PathFinder Wraith of the Righteous was highly acclaimed

https://www.ign.com/articles/warhammer-40000-rogue-trader-gets-release-date-console-release

Part max is 4. 

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 12:49 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Part max is 4. 

nice did you make a custom character or did you use the Existing heros for your first run   

(think ill use all existing for my first run.. then make a character once i understand more of how things work and who can do what)
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 12:51 AM)basballguy Wrote: I don't remember if it was Stewy or CKWin that had commented on it but i kinda scoffed (in my head) when they indicated they might not have the time to invest in a game that takes this long, but lol now i'm starting to feel the same way.  It took 111 hours to get through Act 2 and that's not counting deaths, reloads, random game crashes and things like that.  

Wasn't me.  I DO have he time to invest.  :)  But I'm not buying it until it hits the Xbox.  SONY can kiss my hairy, etc....
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:18 PM)Stewy Wrote: Wasn't me.  I DO have he time to invest.  :)  But I'm not buying it until it hits the Xbox.  SONY can kiss my hairy, etc....

Should by By November at the latest according to Larian...   

i have skipped buying a lot of games this year that i want to play and still have bought more than normal lol.. this year has been hard to keep up
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 02:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: nice did you make a custom character or did you use the Existing heros for your first run   

(think ill use all existing for my first run.. then make a character once i understand more of how things work and who can do what)

I made one of my own. Considering the templates are the companion you are supposed to meet. 

I made a lot of mode to improve IA's combat  ( not recommended if you are new to the game ) and wow, the fights are merciless. 

GOTY hands down and the best game I've played since a long time. When you think that you missed to get back to a pnj while being at the shop you know it's a good game.
If you made BG1 and BG2, you won't be deceived. It's worth every penny.

Reply/Quote
My Starfield update:

Being playing on and off since launch on Gamepass.

Current status: Lvl 10 - completely re-designed my ship, to make it much larger, which was a mistake - too much mass. Need to cut back the mass and increase the cargo space. I wanted more space for me crew, and it really is irrelevant in the early game I think. Going for a stealth build. Currently Stealth 3, and have unlocked Stealth 4 - just need the skill point. I don't use companions any more. They get in the way and interfere with my stealth play. From a story perspective, I've rescued the guy who gave you the ship.

Cash = easy - just loot and sell everything, excepting the storage space issue - see below
Storage Space (Personal/ship/???) = A critical pain in the ass. I have 800+ mass of RSS on my ship and it's only going to get worse.
Fallout Comment - I miss VATS

Caveat: Nothing is AMAZING to me. It is not an amazing game. It's good, but not ground breaking or generational. It's like they took concepts from 6 different games in 6 different genre's and sewed them all together into one big game. It seems they've done that somewhat well, but any one concept, let's say "Space Combat" has been done significantly better elsewhere. Galactic travel, solar system to solar system? Mass Effect Andromeda did it far better in the Helious cluster. Any positives are only light positives only.

Positives:
Combat: fun, but not ground breaking, I am about to buy my first real sniper rifle so my opinion may chance, but nothing special here.
Story: Interesting so far, but like most Beth games, there is no urgency to move the story because there is no hook. You're out to solve a mystery. Apparently a big mystery.....maybe yes. Maybe no.
Characters / Interactions / Ambient Atmosphere: Best of the Beth games. They obviously put time into making their characters more "real" with better and more interesting dialogue.

Negatives:
Controls / Tutorials / Guides: Awful. Moving around the Star map is awful. Lack of local maps is awful. Fast traveling everywhere (literally) is a missed opportunity for better Immersion. This is one thing that Mass Effect Andromeda did extremely well when traveling between systems in the Helious cluster and even traveling planet to planet within a system. If you're going to "borrow" concepts from other games, at least try to do them better, not worse.

Generated Planets: I'm going to try not to be too critical here. I need more time to explore I think, but I haven't been impressed thus far.

Overall: I'll keep playing, but I'm not pining at work thinking about my next sit down with Starfield.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2023, 06:01 PM)Stewy Wrote: My Starfield update:

Generated Planets:  I'm going to try not to be too critical here.  I need more time to explore I think, but I haven't been impressed thus far.

How do you know if a planet is one of the procedurally generated ones?
Reply/Quote