Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 17 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Steelers***
(12-30-2018, 07:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I thought it was the most points allowed in a year in ANY single quarter, not just 2nd.

Could be. Even more impressive.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ever notice that screens almost always seem to gain huge yardage against us...for years?

Have we ever had a decent linebacker since Marvin’s time here that wasn’t a guy who got kicked out of the league or who’s still actively trying to get kicked out?

Doesn’t matter who Marvin’s DC is, his defense has never ever been able to cover RBs and TEs. They’ve tried for years to get better coverage LBs. This current coaching staff and scouting department (LOL) are completely clueless when it comes to drafting LBs and Offensive Lineman.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:43 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We just can not not give up points at the half

Uhh, yeah we can. Weren't you paying attention. Don't be so pessimistic.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:46 PM)Destro Wrote: I thought Dalton was the issue. Ha.

Who ever said Dalton was the cause of Ross' stone hands? Oh, nobody.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Could be.  Even more impressive.

Even more impressive

Bengals 203 points given up in the second Quarter
Ravens 270 points on the season 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Who ever said Dalton was the cause of Ross' stone hands? Oh, nobody.

Right, the main thing cited when it came to Ross' issues was Marvin refusing to play him.  My issue is that Ross was likely drafted to take AJ's spot and his 0-3 catches per game isn't going to cut it.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:48 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20 but you have to wonder what the year would've been like if we did the Khalil Mack deal. It would be a lot to give up and maybe salary cap trouble but I could see us having won the division and having a homefield game against the Chargers in the first round of the playoffs. Is that worth two first round picks? I dunno...that is a lot in the long term to give up. Of course if we had won more games it would be a late first rounder...

I don't think it would have been worth it. The cornerstone offensive pieces are aging and getting bogged down with injuries. Two seasons without a first round pick would be a nightmare. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Right, the main thing cited when it came to Ross' issues was Marvin refusing to play him.  My issue is that Ross was likely drafted to take AJ's spot and his 0-3 catches per game isn't going to cut it.

Yeah, Marvin + he's just a rookie (two years in a row). Both wrong reasons for Ross' stone hands.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:56 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, Marvin + he's just a rookie (two years in a row). Both wrong reasons for Ross' stone hands.

He and Dalton were only on the field together for like 3 or 4 games this year.  The guy played 0 games in 2017 and only 4 in 2018 with the QB.  He's going into his 3rd year with only 25% of a season under his belt.  He's a rookie.
Reply/Quote
He was clearly down
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 07:51 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Who ever said Dalton was the cause of Ross' stone hands? Oh, nobody.

Plenty blame Dalton for Ross' inability to succeed in this offense or for the failures when Ross was on the field. Saying that people took the easy way out for the blame, no are stuck having to admit, ( or stop posting ), that the issues here reach far beyond a single player.
Reply/Quote
Not a fumble!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Second half adjustments Clapping

Reply/Quote
Down
Reply/Quote
Another return called back
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Just about to post...everyone ready for the meltdown?
Reply/Quote
Welp at least he didn't give up on it this time

Reply/Quote
Ross saving a horrible pass from INT.
Reply/Quote
Ross almost had it with his helmet.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if I should laude the INT breakup, or laugh at the bad hands.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote