Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***Week 3 GameDay Thread - Bengals @ Jets***
(09-25-2022, 03:43 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: How was that last one not intentional grounding?

Didn't move out of the pocket, no one anywhere near it, and that angle made it look like it didn't even reach the LOS.

They checked with refs in NY office booth and they disagreed with you I am sorry 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:42 PM)pally Wrote: Tua was wobbling all over the place...he is likely out on Thursday...he can't clear concussion protocol by then

Bengals will get to face a back up QB? Great that always goes well
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Evans tends to bounce alot so he raises the risk of holding penalties. 

We should have kept Gio. Good hands, speed and a good blocker.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He wasn't avoiding a saack

The TE was on the end of the line he was eligible.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:42 PM)pally Wrote: Tua was wobbling all over the place...he is likely out on Thursday...he can't clear concussion protocol by then

Who is their backup? Please don't be a rookie, I don't want them to throw for 600 yards.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If our defense cannot defend extremely basic underneath passes it is all the more ridiculous that our offense cannot ever seen to run simple drags and slants.
Reply/Quote
Considering we've been averaging like 4.5 1st half points, I'll take it. But we've got to get back to being aggressive.
Reply/Quote
The Jets get the ball after halftime. We can’t let them score.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He should have if he can't call plays to get a first down while leaving Jets time with 2 timeouts left for the FG.

so whos afraid of Mike White coming in 2nd half? be honest
Reply/Quote
Both defenses stepping things up.. Maybe 3rd half gets the O back on point.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Part of me is thinking they might be afraid Evans will pop off some good plays, thus possibly causing a rb controversy. Because at this point, what else would explain staying with the same formula that isn't producing jack squat. 

I'm not sure about that. I think he wasn't running how the play was blocked in the preseason causing some holds. But he's good catching out of the backfield and might be a little smoother transitioning from catch to run than Mixon and perine.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:45 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Bengals will get to face a back up QB? Great that always goes well

If we go 0-4 against backups to start this season I’m going to lose all faith in this team. Yea I consider Trubinsky a back up.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:42 PM)swilson3828 Wrote: Mixon is fast but you can knock him down by just swatting at him.

Is he? Shocked 

I would love to see a fast burst back.  Mixon ain't it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:44 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He should have if he can't call plays to get a first down while leaving Jets time with 2 timeouts left for the FG.

I don't think those plays were designed with Mixon dropping balls right in his hands. 
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:46 PM)kalibengal Wrote: so whos afraid of Mike White coming in 2nd half? be honest

Huff and puff and blow our house down again? I doubt it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
If they insist on these stretch run plays then they need a faster RB because it is taking Mixon too long to get to the edge.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who is their backup? Please don't be a rookie, I don't want them to throw for 600 yards.

Ninja

Tua is back out for the 2nd half in Miami anyway, so he'll throw for 600 yards instead  Yawn

Not a world beating first half, but can't be unhappy with a two-possession lead. Burrow needs to complete more passes
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:47 PM)TKUHL Wrote: If we go 0-4 against backups to start this season I’m going to lose all faith in this team. Yea I consider Trubinsky a back up.

Trubisky isn’t a backup.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2022, 03:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Who is their backup? Please don't be a rookie, I don't want them to throw for 600 yards.

Ninja

Teddy Bridgewater
Reply/Quote

Ninja

Their backup is Mike white.  Whatever
Reply/Quote