Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a stupid question about guns for a Sunday night
(03-22-2021, 07:48 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Dear god, the two of you know some real clowns when it comes to firearm safety.  First off, and apologies if this comes off as pedantic, but the correct term is negligent discharge.  Discharges caused by negligent handling are not accidents.  An accidental discharge would be a cook off (which will rarely happen in the civilian world), a mechanical failure (which are exceedingly rare but do happen, see the Remington 700 recall), or a delayed primer ignition.  There are obviously several rules when handling firearms, but to me the most important ones are treat every firearm as if it's loaded at all times, always keep your finger off the trigger until the moment before discharging the weapon, and never point a firearm at something you don't intend to shoot (while making sure that target is safe to shoot).  Seems to me that everyone in your examples, with the exception of Nati's bizarre Corps squad mate, violated all or several of these.  As to him, I'm surprised they didn't reassign him to something in which his ability to cause havoc was limited, like cook or logistics.

I'm friends (not professional acquaintances) with 20+ gunowners.  I've gone shooting with all of them several times.  We have never had even one such incident between all of us combined.  Learn your manual of arms and follow the basic rules at all times and firearms are as safe as any mechanical item.  I clear my firearms after shooting, before I place them in the range bag/rifle case, before I clean them and before I store them.  Hell, I check them every time I pick them up, even if I checked it two minutes ago.  Good habits prevent horrible accidents.
Lmao!  I do the exact same thing.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just a stupid question about guns for a Sunday night - Mickeypoo - 03-24-2021, 02:42 PM