Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inside the Koch-Backed Effort to Block the Election-Reform Bill
(03-30-2021, 07:41 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: To quote a random guy on Reddit:

Maybe going the cancel culture route is a bad idea if you pay attention to who is really behind cancel culture.

I think one of my favorites was them trying to cancel Yeti because Yeti stopped giving NRA member discounts. People were destroying their Yeti coolers and I was telling everyone I would be happy to take them off their hands, instead.

(03-31-2021, 12:07 AM)Benton Wrote: I'd be surprised if the legislation goes anywhere. Conservatives can't wait to cash those big money checks. Neither can a significant chunk of democrats.

One party has completely sold out and the other is just biding time until it can, too.

Let's be clear, though, they would still be getting paid even if HR1/SB1 passes. What the bill actually does to campaign finance is mostly meaningless. Also, this only places limits on campaign spending by foreign nationals. Any other campaign spending is still allowed as before, it just has more disclosure requirements.

And yes, I read the bill. A good chunk of it anyway. At 886 pages it's a good weekend read.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inside the Koch-Backed Effort to Block the Election-Reform Bill - Belsnickel - 03-31-2021, 07:50 AM