Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(03-31-2021, 01:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You can't treat what other teams do in successfully finding late round talent as a measuring stick for the Bengals.

Again, you have Mike Brown.

Now, follow me on this. How many players have left and talked about how different the culture is on other teams. How other teams are committed to winning.

In this example, you are talking about the Cardinals. Remember the comments from Carson Palmer when he left here and ended up in Arizona after Oakland?

"And I then went and played for Michael Bidwill in Arizona, and Michael was all about winning. Everything was about winning. The culture was about winning. And we - very fortunately - the year before I got to Arizona, I think they won a couple games, or three or four games. And Michael Bidwill dug his feet in the ground, and I saw an owner say we're gonna go after this. And we're gonna do what it takes to win. And at the end of the day when owners do what it takes to win and have that type of mentality - and everybody's on board - you know I saw it right before my eyes. Ten wins, 11 wins, 12 wins - whatever it was - those next three years. And when the organization is completely behind doing what it takes to win, and you've got the right players, then that's the recipe for a Super Bowl."

So the issue here is the Brown family... as it has been since Paul died. We have the smallest scouting department in the league. We ask out coaches to do double duty as scouts.

Do you trust this team... Duke Tobin, Zac Taylor, and the one or two family members acting as scouts to find the hidden gems in later rounds like other teams do?

That is why a lot of people are just so in on Sewell is the right pick and anything else is wrong. If they are going to miss... miss on the WR in round two. If you miss on the OL guy in round two or round three, your season is over when Burrow goes down again. If you miss on a TE or WR in round two or three, it's not nearly as big of a loss (unless it is a John Ross guy that just can't catch.) Jerome Simpson was a huge miss... but still caught passes and didn't get the QB injured.

I would also argue, that it’s not like Palmer did far and away better in AZ than Cincinnati. Yeah he won a playoff game in 2015 but followed it up with 6 turnovers in one game. So there’s that.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread