Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(03-31-2021, 06:01 PM)Whatever Wrote: In non Marvin years, OL outnumbered WR 3 to 1.  In Marvin years, OL outnumbered WR 4 to 2.

The only position groups MB has drafted less than WR in the 1st are RB and TE.  

The problem is that you have people who are pushing a "build through the trenches" approach, but don't want to admit that has been MB's draft philosophy because if that was the case, that philosophy will have proven ineffective.  They then try to shift it to "shiny toys" when there is no factual basis for such. a philosophy.

I'll just copy/paste this here:

Also, Taking Sewell would help us fix the interior problem as well. Mike has always placed heavy value on skill position players...based on both picks and money spent retaining players. He has never valued interior line.

------

Taking Sewell would not only (hopefully) lock up Tackle for a decade, it'd help on the interior, as we could bump Jonah inside (or start Sewell inside). "The trenches" aren't just tackles.

(03-31-2021, 06:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The thing about Sewell is he will take time in the pass blocking department cause he tends to grab on the outside of the End's
shoulders. If we do take him and he is a penalty machine as a rookie I wouldn't be surprised.

Honestly I am arguing more for Pitts than Chase here. I love Chase but there have been prospects that have come out like him
before and there will again, could even find a player like Chase later in the Draft or maybe get Marshall the other LSU WR after
Sewell in the 2nd.

But there might never be another Kyle Pitts with his size, speed, route running, hands. He just ran a 4.44 forty at his Florida 
Pro Day BTW right in front of Zac. This guy has to be considered even with Sewell there IMO. If this Draft wasn't deep with 
OT's I would be right there with you, but it is extremely deep.

I prefer Pitts to Chase. That said, who would help Burrow more? Prime Whitworth or prime Jimmy Graham?

(03-31-2021, 06:09 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Again? Ninja

You're right. It never stopped. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Shake n Blake - 03-31-2021, 06:36 PM