Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-01-2021, 12:05 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because we have a good history of developing guys for the O-line.... if we had any success with that we wouldn't be picking top 10...

On the flip side, we can and have (just last season) taken WR's in round 2 and beyond and gotten production.

This is what frustrates me so much. The... try and develop a guy mentality, the well this guy could be good, might be good, has some flaws but we can fix them, is injured and draft stock fell, tested poorly but who cares, etc, etc... just once... I'd like to see this team do the smart thing. 

I get that Chase is a great prospect... however, Sewell is just as great of a prospect. 

Two equally awesome prospects. One, at a position of need that you have shown you can't develop for years.

The other at a position of lesser need but still need, but also at a group that you literally just had a 2nd Rounder give you 908 yards in 14 games.

The Bengals OL issue hasn't been so much they can't develop.  Teams that have consistently good lines throw those round 2-5 picks into the OL every year, develop the diamonds in the rough, and cut bait with the ones that can't cut it.  The Bengals throw their 1st round pick at the OL over and over again, spend those mid round picks on other position groups that are starving for talent because they keep blowing their 1st round picks on the OL, and if that 1st rounder busts, they're screwed.  You have to give your coaches something to develop.

WR is a very easy position group to make guys look "fake good," though.  You can get any decent WR production if you keep forcing them the ball.  Look at Tate in '19, for example.  With Mixon's injury, Joe was on pace to lead the league in pass attempts before he went down and Tee was barely on pace to break 1000 yards.  That's not good.  Combine that with the poor separation stats and bad YPA and YPC, and it's a much bigger issue than some are admitting.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - Whatever - 04-01-2021, 01:04 PM