Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 4.29 Average
Coronavirus Information...who do you trust?
(04-01-2021, 02:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Doesn't have to be genius level...it has to make sense.  And it makes perfect sense.  You don't believe the virus was bad, you think we killed the economy for nothing.  i.e. The economy was more important that any lives that were potentially saved.  It's not hard, I just read what you post.

So my comment remains true:  People out there, including you, care more about the economy than saving any lives.  Doesn't matter if it is 1 or 500,000.  That doesn't surprise me.

Our inability to care about each other because it might cost a buck or someone else might get a little bit ahead is well documented in this country and the history of the world.  That doesn't surprise me.

It will be years before we know what worked, what didn't...but we already know that lots of people would rather see other people die than see the economy slow down while we try to save lives.
I don't believe I have ever listed the economy on it's own.  There are many, many negative effects from lockdowns, some long term.  I care more about the "health" of the Country as a whole (320-350M) over the long term more than 550k people, yes. But that does not mean I do not care at all.

I respect what you believe.  I just have a different point of view and it appears to be backed up by the numbers at this point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coronavirus Information...who do you trust? - Mickeypoo - 04-01-2021, 02:23 PM