Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin Lewis Resigns from Arizona State - Linked to Bengals FO
So this is story is unfolding on a few different places. I'm been following it mainly on the Sun Devil's 247 message board. There's quite a bit on Twitter and Reddit as well.

Marvin Lewis has resigned from Herm Edwards staff. There's rumors this is because Marvin doesn't want to share coodinator duties. But the big rumor is because he's looking at a huge pay increase by coming back here. While the money hasn't been confimed, it looks like he will be returning.

As it stands right now, the news is that he'll be joining the front office in the role of Director of Personnel, spefically college scouting. He'll be the "yin" to Tobin's "yang". Tobin will oversee the pro side of scouting, Marvin will handle the college side of scouting, and they will both work together across both spectrums of the positions. Essentially, between the two of them, they will take on the role of a GM.

I'll be pretty interested to hear what everyone thinks about this. I know a lot of people have called for Marvin to work in the front office. And obviously he's been looking to return to the NFL, but his interviews haven't resulted in a coaching gig.

I will say it's good to hear that we'll have another set of eyes on the draft. And even know this isn't a traditional GM setup, I think between him and Tobin we can assume the family is stepping further and further away from play personnel.

Fwiw, if you have access to IHEARTRADIO online they're going to breaking down this news on Fox Sports 910 Phoenix at 3:00. I'm assuming Mo Egger or Lance McAlister will pick it up as well on our side.

What do you guys think? I'm kinda torn on this one.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Marvin Lewis Resigns from Arizona State - Linked to Bengals FO - Wes Mantooth - 04-01-2021, 02:58 PM