Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is
(04-02-2021, 09:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: They love Pitts for one thing:  size.  If he wasn't so big (he's actually 6' 5 and 5/8", not a full 6'6") and still clocked the speed of 4.44, I don't think he would have near the buzz.  His production wasn't crazy (had 100 total receptions in 3 years, although almost of all of it came the last two).  

If people are so in love with his size, ask yourself why?  Bigger catch radius?  Ok, that makes sense, but with a 34" vertical, compared to Chase's 41", doesn't that balance out a bit?  And ball tracking skills?  It's Chase, not even close.  Change of direction?  I can name 10 WRs that will do that better.  He isn't even that great a blocker, and I don't care if you think you will line him up outside all the time, it is still something that he will be required to do in the NFL.  

I like the guy, but I just don't love him like so many that are on the "He's Calvin Johnson" hype train.  Johnson had an incredible 42.5" vertical.  A full 8" higher than Pitts.  Please.  His 4.44 at the "pro day" isn't like Johnson's 4.35 at the more reliable Indy Combine. 

Pitts will be a solid pro.  I would love to have him, but not at #5.  Chase simply does what very few people can do:  Test off the charts, produce in the toughest conference in the league, and has mitts that simply don't drop the ball.  

That's basically what I had been thinking but was wondering if I was missing something with my limited research.

For me Chase is the pick but I'd be happy with Sewell as well. One of those 2 guys should be there at 5 and is a no brainer.

I think the outside of our Oline is in decent shape and interior lineman can be found after round 1, get the playmaker in 1 and bolster the interior in rounds 2-4.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't think you guys realize HOW GOOD JaMarr Chase is - BobJones4980 - 04-02-2021, 10:06 AM