Poll: Who will fail to be the "Generational Talent", that hey are touted to be?
This poll is closed.
Pitts
38.24%
13 38.24%
Chase
20.59%
7 20.59%
Sewell
41.18%
14 41.18%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generational Talent? Is he really?
(04-02-2021, 11:47 AM)Stewy Wrote: In light of this thread - http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Who-have-you-been-most-wrong-on

It got me thinking how often we are SO SURE, but oops were wrong.

In various threads, either people here or quoted "experts" have used the phrase Generational Talent to describe one of the three:

Pitts - good but not spectacular production
Chase - one year
Sewell - one year

Not everyone or every time, but it's a phrase that's been used for all three.  We get over hyped by a player and their measurables.  History tells us that at least one and maybe all three won't live up to the hype or might down right bust.  If you say differently you're lying to yourself because it happens.  Because to be that guy you need the ENTIRE package.  Head, heart, talent, work ethic, intelligence, attitude, spirit.  And we cannot know if any of the above have all those things because we can't know their heads and hearts.

So based upon what you know and assuming one or all three may bust.  Pick your poison.  There is no none of the above option.  You must pick at least one.

Good poll Stewey.  I don't believe any of the 3 will be the mythical "Generational Talent" that the experts say just because it is that rare and not "Yearly" or "Really Uncommon Talents".  I think all 3 will be very, very good players but not "Generational".  Hell, the last "Generational Talent" at TE is still playing!

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Generational Talent? Is he really? - Stewy - 04-02-2021, 11:47 AM
RE: Generational Talent? Is he really? - Burma - 04-02-2021, 11:55 AM