Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference Pollack will make
(04-05-2021, 10:12 AM)bengaloo Wrote: They will need it for sure. I think Pollack is a better OL coach than Turner, but he still has to have good players to coach or its all for not. I've been torn this offseason when looking at Chase and Pitts maybe being there at 5, but the more I think about it, I'd rather them focus on the OL even in the 1st. Its the biggest team weakness. Burrow got crushed all season and finally Washington put him out. We have to get better blockers for him and Mixon and the future of the offense. I'd like to see us draft 2-3 OLmen for sure. I was leaning Chase or Pitts for a minute, but we have two pro bowl caliber WR's on the team already who are young and Tate is no slouch. A QB like Burrow with a good OL will thrive on that. We can fill the rest of the WR spots with solid guys and Burrow will make them look better. Open up the run game and we're a contending type offense if we have an above average OL. 

I'm for going all in on the OL for Pollack and Burrow's sake. 

I understand your logic, and when I say I am team "Chase", it isn't a desire to get Burrow killed or ignore the offensive line.  I just see the drop off in talent from an elite star like Chase to the WRs that should be there in Rd 2 as much greater than the drop off from a player like Sewell to the OTs that should be available in Rd 2.  

Keeping Burrow upright is one part of the puzzle, but when you have a QB like Burrow, you want to surround him with playmakers.  

People seem to forget that the biggest issue with this team wasn't at OT at all, it was at guard.  That position was improved by year's end but still needs an upgrade at the RG spot, which there should be plenty of options in the draft.  If a guy like Walker Little drops to Rd 2 (very realistic), I could see HIM starting at RT and Reiff moving inside to RG as we would likely also have a later round pick being groomed to be the RG of the future. 

And because you can't have too many OTs and Gs that are quality for depth and competition, should Spencer Brown fall to the 4th round due to his year off and small-school tag, I would take him at the top of the 4th as well.

Yep, it could be 4 straight picks on offense:  Ideally, Chase, Little, Banks, and then Brown.  WR, OT, G, OT.  It actually makes sense given all the FA activity on the defensive side of the ball and there would like possibly be more cap cuts that could bolster the pass rush.  A part of me is still really holding out hope for Kerrigan.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference Pollack will make - SHRacerX - 04-05-2021, 10:54 AM
The difference Pollack will make - TJ528 - 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM
RE: The difference Pollack will make - 3wt - 10-25-2021, 11:20 AM