Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference Pollack will make
If you look at the game logs for last season you see something interesting - once we had a consistent lineup on the OL and especially once XSF and Spain were at Guard a lot of the pass protection problems abruptly ceased. In fact, over the last 4 games (where they had a stable lineup and XSF/Spain) they surrendered only 2 sacks and 11 pressures.

Now don’t take this as me saying the OL is fine and needs no more help. Yes I am very happy to have Pollack especially instead of Turner and Reiff is a MAJOR upgrade at RT. And yes (and stats prove it) Spain and XSF are both good, sound Guards. But the cupboard behind them is bare and Center is unsettled. Plus this draft is a deep one at OL and the talent in that depth is high - so we need to take advantage of that. And now that Turner is gone I don’t feel like drafting linemen is a waste (because I had no faith that Turner would or could develop them).

So, I am fine taking Chase (and see the benefit in terms of making the passing game stronger) and likewise fine with Sewell. The main difference is the draft depth at WR is not there this season - after the top 2-3 you get receivers with real gaps in their game. Thus there is more sense in Chase on that count so long as IF we go Chase THEN we go OL in 2 and 3. Restock the cupboard so to speak.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference Pollack will make - Joelist - 04-05-2021, 12:45 PM
The difference Pollack will make - TJ528 - 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM
RE: The difference Pollack will make - 3wt - 10-25-2021, 11:20 AM