Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference Pollack will make
(04-05-2021, 10:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I understand your logic, and when I say I am team "Chase", it isn't a desire to get Burrow killed or ignore the offensive line.  I just see the drop off in talent from an elite star like Chase to the WRs that should be there in Rd 2 as much greater than the drop off from a player like Sewell to the OTs that should be available in Rd 2.  

Keeping Burrow upright is one part of the puzzle, but when you have a QB like Burrow, you want to surround him with playmakers.  

People seem to forget that the biggest issue with this team wasn't at OT at all, it was at guard.  That position was improved by year's end but still needs an upgrade at the RG spot, which there should be plenty of options in the draft.  If a guy like Walker Little drops to Rd 2 (very realistic), I could see HIM starting at RT and Reiff moving inside to RG as we would likely also have a later round pick being groomed to be the RG of the future. 

And because you can't have too many OTs and Gs that are quality for depth and competition, should Spencer Brown fall to the 4th round due to his year off and small-school tag, I would take him at the top of the 4th as well.

Yep, it could be 4 straight picks on offense:  Ideally, Chase, Little, Banks, and then Brown.  WR, OT, G, OT.  It actually makes sense given all the FA activity on the defensive side of the ball and there would like possibly be more cap cuts that could bolster the pass rush.  A part of me is still really holding out hope for Kerrigan.  

You bring up some very good points as always. I've been on and off who I hope we draft at 5. It was Sewell, then Chase, then Pitts, then Chase and now again Sewell lol. But the truth is, you are right about a lot of what you said. If we draft Chase and then OL in 2 and more in 3-4, I will definitely be happy. The OL we are coming into the season with is definitely better than the OL we were heading into last season with, especially with Reiff and Spain having a full offseason here. I know one thing, it cant get much worse than Jordan at LG and also Johnson playing RG next to Bobby Hart. Reiff and either Spain or XSF is definitely an improvement on the right side. Anyone is an improvement over Jordan. He is still young but he was pretty awful.  I've always been really old school on how I like my teams. Run and stop the run all the way, but I'm starting to warm more to this new high powered offense stuff and the thing Burrow could do loaded with weapons. 

I love your 4 straight picks on offense and think that would upgrade the team for sure. Sewell looks like a future All Pro, but so does Chase. Either way we are in position to get a great player at 5.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference Pollack will make - bengaloo - 04-05-2021, 02:10 PM
The difference Pollack will make - TJ528 - 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM
RE: The difference Pollack will make - 3wt - 10-25-2021, 11:20 AM