Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference Pollack will make
(04-07-2021, 06:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I understand it all too well. I hated seeing him get injured as much as anyone. But it’s not doom and gloom if we don’t go OT at 5. This year’s draft class is much deeper on the OL. A bunch of the guys that will go on day two would have been 1st rounders last year.

So here's my question though.  It usually takes what 2-3 years to really review a draft for a football team while those football players develop.  

In 3 years, if we draft Chase and don't hit one 1 single OL we draft in rounds 2-7 will those same people say we had a successful draft because we landed Chase?  

All I heard about Michael Jordan at Ohio State was this kid has a motor.  Great young player.  He's going to be a pro.  He's a pro but he's crap as a pro.  Same thing for pretty much every OL we've draft since 2015.  When you have a hit ratio of 1 out of i believe it's 9 OL drafted since 2015 that's a pretty bad odds going into the draft.  

The only OL we've really hit on in the draft since 2015 is Jonah Williams.  He's shown he's a nice player, but he's also shown that he's made of glass so far.  So we'll see what his development is like this year.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference Pollack will make - TJ528 - 04-07-2021, 08:47 AM
The difference Pollack will make - TJ528 - 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM
RE: The difference Pollack will make - 3wt - 10-25-2021, 11:20 AM