Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference Pollack will make
(04-07-2021, 06:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I understand it all too well. I hated seeing him get injured as much as anyone. But it’s not doom and gloom if we don’t go OT at 5. This year’s draft class is much deeper on the OL. A bunch of the guys that will go on day two would have been 1st rounders last year.

Burrow was throwing so much, not just because they were always behind, he was throwing so much because they couldn't run the ball with any consistency. This isn't last year so no need to make the same mistake twice and maybe a few day two OL would have gone in the 1st, not a bunch.

If they go OL the first two picks, then by your standards comparing last year, they are picking up two 1st round OL. Most are happy with Sewell or Slater playing inside for a year and XSF and Spain fighting for the other G slot but what if they draft someone that beats out Spain and XSF? Now you're looking at an even BETTER O-Line. I seriously doubt that they go OL the first two picks but I wouldn't be sad to see it happen. Two early OL would be great competition to push each other in ways that Pollack couldn't.

Remember, last year I wanted them to trade back to #8 with Carolina and then trade back again to basically pick up two more 1st round picks this year. I wanted them to pick up multiple OL for Mixon last year, who didn't last as long as Burrow in 2020, and pick up their QB in this draft to sit for a year behind Dalton. Also remember that I've said for years, I really like what they are doing up in Buffalo. They built most of their team before they added their rookie QB. Cincy was rock bottom when they took Burrow and O-line was the weakest unit on the team.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The difference Pollack will make - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 04-07-2021, 09:00 AM
The difference Pollack will make - TJ528 - 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM
RE: The difference Pollack will make - 3wt - 10-25-2021, 11:20 AM