Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kemp signs restrictive GA voting bill; Dem lawmaker arrested for protesting
(04-06-2021, 04:12 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I've only gone by what I've heard so please feel free to correct me . . .

Shortened the hours to vote on voting day, which would affect districts with long lines to vote.
Cut down on drop boxes in black districts.
Shortened the amount of days to absentee vote.
Made it a crime to supply food or water to people in line, which usually only happens to black districts since they have less voting places per capita than the rural white districts that have little to no line.
Took away powers from the State Secretary and the District Leaders to oversee verification or re-counts to a "selected committee" which would be mostly white people.
Made it a requirement to show ID . . . this is the one that Republicans somehow think that people are up in arms about for some stupid reason.

Hilarious that Kemp claims that corporations are bowing to pressure . . . why did he enact this law? From pressure from an illiterate dunce that can't take a loss. Almost as ironic as Mitch McConnell telling corporations to stay out of politics.

Interesting...........On the surface I would say I don't agree with most of those.  I would need more context and to hear both sides of the argument.

I have always believed we should show ID to vote.  I cannot even get my military Lowes discount without showing ID.

I also support very limited mail in voting. I believe you should vote in person and show ID. As an FYI.......my beliefs on this date back decades.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kemp signs restrictive GA voting bill; Dem lawmaker arrested for protesting - Mickeypoo - 04-07-2021, 09:23 AM