Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's Seth Galina breakdown of Joe Burrow 2020.
(04-12-2021, 11:13 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

0:27 ... Burrow underthrows Chase who had a multiple step lead. He comes back and high points the ball. Big play instead of a TD.

1:17 ... Burrow does get hit, so might be why, but again Chase has a multiple step lead and has to come back to an underthrown ball.

1:52 ... Chase has steps again, Burrow doesn't throw to the corner in front of him but underthrows instead and Chase comes back and highpoints it.

Just in the first 2 minutes. Haven't watched it all, figured that'd be enough. Iffy deep balls look a whole lot better when you have the best (and the second best) WRs in the nation going to get them.

I will say that, as expected, Burrow is absolutely killing the intermediary passes in those first two minutes. Pretty much what we saw in 2020.

But apparently we’re not allowed to say he needs elite weapons to reach his full (LSU type) potential. Then it just spirals into rehashing old arguments about Andy and his weapons. Which is frustrating to say the least.

Personally, I think Joe can be a very good QB with just average to slightly above average weapons. But I want to aim higher than that. His deep ball will likely improve (especially if we get a guy like Chase), but even if it’s never a strength that’s ok. I’ll take Joe Burrow over Jeff Blake any day.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF's Seth Galina breakdown of Joe Burrow 2020. - Nicomo Cosca - 04-12-2021, 01:57 PM