Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's Seth Galina breakdown of Joe Burrow 2020.
(04-12-2021, 01:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But apparently we’re not allowed to say he needs elite weapons to reach his full (LSU type) potential. Then it just spirals into rehashing old arguments about Andy and his weapons. Which is frustrating to say the least.

Personally, I think Joe can be a very good QB with just average to slightly above average weapons. But I want to aim higher than that. His deep ball will likely improve (especially if we get a guy like Chase), but even if it’s never a strength that’s ok. I’ll take Joe Burrow over Jeff Blake any day.

Was listening to Mo on 1530 this afternoon as I drove home and he touched on this Andy Dalton argument.

His statement (and I completely believe what he said) Burrow isn't like Dalton. Burrow is a really good QB and will be able to help elevate the play of WRs around him. He went on to say he believe Burrow will be able to turn average WRs into stars as he continues to develop.

I will be interested to see what happens with Moss. He was productive at LSU, went undrafted sat out with an injury. Perhaps Burrow will bring the best out of Moss again? 

Conversely (and I've made this statement myself) how good will Chase be if he isn't playing with Burrow? Say we pass on him and he goes to Miami where Tua doesn't look like a sure thing at this point. I really wonder what type of numbers Chase would have put up last year in LSU with how bad that offense looked. 

I still think Chase will be a good WR, but did he elevate Burrow or did Burrow elevate him? 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF's Seth Galina breakdown of Joe Burrow 2020. - Murdock2420 - 04-12-2021, 06:58 PM