Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL
(04-16-2021, 02:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Barrett also was injured his last year in Denver and they only started him in 15 games over 5 seasons. He was completely misused there.

Signed a one year deal with Tampa, starts all 16 games, is used correctly and goes off on his sack total. Gets the franchise tag, plays well under it and now has a 4 year extension worth 72 million.

This is a terrible comparison.

Spain came in, and after being here he didn't get a long term extension, he was the back-up plan to the back-up plan. Thuney the missed, Zeitler they missed, then there was a long pause and finally they gave him a 1 year extension.

As Fred said if they were sold he was the answer, he would have gotten more then 1 year and they wouldn't have waited so long.

If you are an analytics guy, not sure if you are, Barrett was REALLY good in limited snaps in Denver. You mention starts, but he appeared in almost every game in 4 out of the 5 years there as an important rotational player. He played 45%/36%/58%/26% (Injured) of defensive snaps while in Denver and was ultra-productive on a disruption per snap basis. 

My point is pretty simple, guys get passed over. There will be guys who are on the market right now in FA, that no one wants, who will end up on a roster and be productive starters next year. As I said, Spain playing multiple positions because we had no one else and moved him to plug holes didn't bode well for his success. We will see how it goes but I think he can be a serviceable player here.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL - Au165 - 04-16-2021, 02:50 PM