Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there
(04-17-2021, 02:37 PM)Burma Wrote: What is mind boggling is how viturally everyone "in the know" is saying to take Sewell yet the Bengals are leaning towards Chase (possibly a smoke screen).  When everyone in the room is disagreeing with you, you have to stop and think, "is it I who am wrong?" Unless you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are the smartest person in that room there is a good chance you are wrong. I have zero confidence that the Bengals front office is ever the smartest person in any room, contrary to their own perceptions.

Not really a reply directly to you Burma....

People are hinging KNOWING what our FO is doing based mostly upon one statement from Tobin, where he stated "that it is a deep draft class for OL" in one of his press conferences.  For so many people this is the largest piece of evidence that we are going Chase.

Really!?!?  He said the same thing every expert, every person on this board, and every Mother's son has said about the draft because it's so glaringly obvious, but THIS single statement, which he has repeated has people on both sides (Chase or Sewell) pointing at us and saying "It's obviously Chase!".

Do you think the man has no guile?  And this is based upon a statement that says NOTHING because everyone knows it.  It just boggles me how much people read into what FO people say (when they all lie or make statement that say nothing this time of year), and then think they know exactly what their team is doing.

Perhaps.....just maybe......it is remotely possible.......perhaps......that Tobin is talking about the OLine depth to make people think we're going after Chase, to keep someone who wants Sewell from trading with Atlanta.  Perhaps.  Just a consideration.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there - Stewy - 04-17-2021, 07:57 PM