Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there
(04-17-2021, 05:13 PM)Whatever Wrote: You have to look at how well informed those dissenting opinions are versus your own.  If you're Mike Brown, you're paying millions of dollars for a team of people to break down hours of tape on every prospect, plus attend workouts and do interviews to determine how well each prospect fits your scheme and needs and assemble your big board which is going to tell you who to take.  I love Munoz as much as anybody, but when talking about Sewell, he was like "I watched him play a couple of times.". It's not like he's out there breaking down film on all these guys.  The guy's a multimillionaire.  He's got better things to do with his time.  Not to mention that just because a guy was a great player doesn't mean they are also a great talent evaluator.  Case in point, how many QB's has John Elway gone through?

The other thing is Chase vs Sewell isn't a right or wrong.  Both guys could easily become great players.  Both guys could bust.  We could draft Sewell and he could play amazing and Burrow could still get hurt.  We could draft Chase and he could play like crap and Burrow could stay healthy.  We could draft Sewell and get the next Chad Johnson in the 2nd.  We could also get the next Jerome Simpson in the 2nd.  We could draft Chase and get the next Andrew Whitworth or Eric Fisher in the second.  

Also a good point. Willie’s opinion I put a little more stock into since he actually works with linemen for a living, but even he was a little non-committal on whether or not Sewell is OT1 in this draft (which is understandable for obvious reasons).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there - Nicomo Cosca - 04-17-2021, 09:17 PM