Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there
(04-17-2021, 10:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: Same difference really.  The first two are things every GM says every year and mean nothing.  The third was the point of my entire post, which was draft specific and not yearly generic.

BPA is relative to the Bengals big board, which none of us know what it looks like.  BPA on almost all media based expert's boards I've seen have Sewell over Chase.

Not Picking on need - even if they do pick based on need, the Bengals need both a WR and OLine.

So again Tobin's words mean nothing and if people are trying to wring meaning out of them, they are fooling themselves,  But feel free to be fooled I guess. 

This furthers my point--or makes me want to expand on my point. 

I value Sewell higher than I value Chase strictly because of the position he plays. If he is a dominant LT, that is more valuable than a dominant WR. The WR will sell tickets, but the LT makes the run game and pass game better. It has nothing to do with need, and everything to do with value. 

It seems like a lot of people are down on Sewell's value on the boards here. I'm not saying Chase has low value either. I'd be happy with Sewell, Chase or Pitts. But I'd take Sewell before I took the other two. I'd certainly be happy with Chase or Pitts if Sewell is gone. Even if they choose the WR/TE over the LT, I'll still be happy with the caliber of player for sure. But the strategy is just a little less than ideal in my mind if they pass on an elite LT prospect. It's too valuable to pass up in my mind. If there were an elite pass rusher available, it would be a toss up on which to pick, but I'd probably go LT just to protect the QB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there - Bengalstripes9 - 04-17-2021, 10:53 PM