Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there
(04-17-2021, 02:37 PM)Burma Wrote: What is mind boggling is how viturally everyone "in the know" is saying to take Sewell yet the Bengals are leaning towards Chase (possibly a smoke screen).  When everyone in the room is disagreeing with you, you have to stop and think, "is it I who am wrong?" Unless you know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are the smartest person in that room there is a good chance you are wrong. I have zero confidence that the Bengals front office is ever the smartest person in any room, contrary to their own perceptions.

(04-17-2021, 02:53 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: We wouldn't be having this discussion if Chase played at any other school than LSU.  I look back at this year and can't really think of too many people during the season saying  "boy, we have a huge need at WR and we really need to address it as a priority in the offseaon"

I just can't figure out why it's happening now.  

Now, I can go back and look at nearly every game and say, holy crap, how much better would this offense be if we would run the ball and stop getting out QB hit so much.

These two posts are thread enders. The list of guys saying to take Sewell is essentially the Bengals Hall of Fame. The Chase side is Tony Pike and Jim Mora.

And Hammerstripes raises a fantastic point. Where was all this "draft a WR" talk before?

I think people saw the pro day numbers, see the LSU connection with Burrow, see the season Jefferson had, and fell in lust with a player we simply don't need. Now narratives are being crafted on how desperate we are for a star WR, when I don't think anyone watching this team was saying that was a big problem last year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anderson and Munoz say draft Sewell if there - Shake n Blake - 04-18-2021, 02:04 PM