Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-21-2021, 06:43 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Horrible analogy to start off.  Secondly, I believe you must have missed my posts in which I flat out stated that wasn't his intent.  Also, why would he tweet this about an incident i which the officer acted appropriately?  

Here's something for you to ponder, using your own analogy.  If you thought Trumps tweets could incite violence, unintentionally or not, then you'd have the same issue with James' tweet.  Or you're comfortable having different standards for different people.

Oh, I definitely have issues with the tweet.  I'm not sure if he knew the full sequence of events or made an assumption based on the surface optics, but it was ill-advised.  The inspiration of mob violence is bad no matter who is doing it.  Ill advised does not equal legally actionable.

Doesn't matter, though.  Remember, by the standards of the modern right, punishing people for speech you find abhorrent, even when provably wrong is cancel culture, and you know how much the right hates mean old cancel culture.  

The analogy was fine in that the reaction of those on the right was very similar to the reaction of the left whenever anything remotely incendiary came from Trump's mouth.  Harsh words haven't mattered for awhile to people over there, so I was a bit surprised.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen girl in Columbus killed by police - samhain - 04-21-2021, 08:59 PM