Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-22-2021, 02:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'm close to retiring, but I don't know if I'd choose to join right now if I was a young man.  I definitely feel bad for the younger people who are going to have to deal with this bullshit for several years before the pendulum starts swinging back the other way.
Police are going to start leaving the police force or, like you said, not choosing to join in the first place.

The ones that do join aren't going to act on a split-second decision like they have in the past and innocent people will die from it.

Look at the original post in this thread: "I would have put myself between them."  By the time you get to her, the girl is stabbed.  Just like with everything, people jump to conclusions and see that a white cop killed a black girl.  It doesn't matter that she was trying to kill another black girl.

(04-22-2021, 03:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: NBC News is being accused of selectively editing the 911 call to omit mentions of the knife.  They also apparently never showed the picture of the girl, knife in hand, trying to stab the victim.  They just showed the knife on the ground.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nbc-nightly-news-makhia-bryant-shooting-911-call-edit-out

I'm not a proponent of the media is the enemy of the people trope, but I'll be damned if they don't make it easy for people to think they have an agenda that has nothing to do with reporting the truth.

Also, yeah I get the source is Fox, but the actual NBC clip is on the page, so watch it and come to your own conclusions.

You're surprised by NBC trying to edit it?  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen girl in Columbus killed by police - BFritz21 - 04-23-2021, 05:32 PM