Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL
(04-24-2021, 11:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: Something you don't hear a lot about is Palmer had a MUCH better OLine and suffered the same fate as Burrow with his knee getting mangled then his elbow.. What does it mean? Hell if I know, but even great Olines aren't perfect 100% of the time.

(04-24-2021, 11:08 PM)Burma Wrote: It means the Steelers went Cobra Kai and swept the leg like cheap 80s ski school movie villians.

Exactly what Burma said, the injury to Palmer was one the dirtiest things I've seen from the steelers in the years of them being dirty. It was a late dive at the QBs knee. 

That wasn't bad protection, or anything to do with the line, it was absolutely intent to injure. And as usually with the steelers cheap shot ways, it is only after they use something to their advantage that the rules get updated. In the current NFL rules, that Kimo dive and twist is against the rules and gets fines, and suspensions and a penalty. Of course, 15 yards is a small price to pay for a playoff win. 

As for the elbow, I believe he tore that on a throw not due to contact. (I looked it up, there is no indication it was an injury from a sack or hit, just that his elbow was sore after the Cleveland game and he then came out due to the sore elbow against Dallas. The MRI showed it was partially torn ligaments.)

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF pass block comparison - Bengals OL vs Bucs OL - Murdock2420 - 04-24-2021, 11:19 PM