Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-25-2021, 12:12 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: My sources are my eyes, ears & a functioning brain which is able to see that there are biases in all these news sources. If you choose to ignore the left leaning media's biases, then you are no better than the Fox viewers that you denigrate at every turn.

And your eyes, ears, and brain are biased, themselves. Relying on our own instincts for these things isn't a way to say anything with certainty. Something like the bias chart uses a calculation, a metric that measures biases based on the reporting. It's not without its flaws, but to dismiss it so out of hand because of your own flawed biases is just obstinance.

(04-25-2021, 12:54 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Hill is considered conservative? Huh? I personally like The Hill, but I would say that they're definitely not conservative 

I like The Hill, as well, and it does skew conservative. I've been reading it for years and it definitely showed more pre-Trump. I think the problem, now, is that our own perspective is skewed because of the Trump era. News organizations that actually reported the news and didn't cater to the administration are often seen as more liberal than they really are.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen girl in Columbus killed by police - Belsnickel - 04-25-2021, 03:42 PM