Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teen girl in Columbus killed by police
(04-30-2021, 04:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Using that as an example of the difference between the effectiveness of car registration versus firearm registration is a valid point. You can conceal a firearm much more easily than a car. Registration makes no difference when you can't find the item.

WTF?

Are you nnow trying to claim that police never find weapons in cars or in residences?

I am completely lost on what point you are trying to make here?

(04-30-2021, 04:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I've been asking you for evidence of your claims the whole time and all you have is an appeal to emotion, strawman arguments, and false equivalencies. 

I have given you multiple SPECIFIC EXAMPLES of fact patterns where gun registration laws would take guns out of the hands of criminals while not taking any guns out of the hands of law abiding gun owners.

They are not appeals to emotion.

They are not false equivalencies.

They are not strawman argument.

All you have done is bluster about all the data and research you have that somehow proves gun registration is "bad policy" yet you refuse to actually share any of it with us.

Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that registration laws would not have an effect on the wide open sale of guns to anyone at anytime including convicted felons and mentally ill is just refusing to to pull their heads out of the sand.  The size of a car has nothing to do with how registration works to control the trafficking of stolen cars.  The fact that cars have wheels and guns don't does not make the policy effects a "false equivalency".  If that is how you think it works then you don't have a clue what a "false equivalency" argument really is.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teen girl in Columbus killed by police - fredtoast - 04-30-2021, 05:17 PM