Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference Pollack will make
(04-30-2021, 05:36 PM)Stewy Wrote: So I recently looked at the OLine breakdowns for a few of our games.  Not all of them, but enough to see some patterns.

#1 - Missed assignments - guys blocking the wrong player, not checking, not communicating at the LOS
#2 - Poor technique - Engaging improperly, turning their guy the wrong way, pushing blockers into the pocket

^^^^
This is coaching and preparation and has nothing to do with ability.

So to me Pollack coming back is a double blessing.  #1 - He's a damn good coach the players love, #2 - He's replacing an abysmal coach the players disliked.

No he won't be a miracle worker, but a large portion of our poor line play was not lack of ability, but lack of coaching, lack of preparation and scheme dysfunction.

Sorry for reviving an couple week old thread, but I felt it was better than starting a new one.

Thanks for reviving it Stewy. You are spot on. Coaching was the biggest problem with the OL last year, the players looked
lost out there especially at picking up the blitz or not even engaging the guy in front of them. When Spain came in it seemed
to improve as he is a knowledgable vet (don't give me PFF crap). I think with getting Pollack back here and having all these
guys having a full offseason while adding Reiff and some Draft picks we might be alright, maybe better than alright.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The difference Pollack will make - TJ528 - 04-07-2021, 12:56 AM
RE: The difference Pollack will make - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 04-30-2021, 05:49 PM
RE: The difference Pollack will make - 3wt - 10-25-2021, 11:20 AM