D+
D
D-
F
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021
(05-02-2021, 03:15 AM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I'll breakdown what I think of every pick.

A - Ja'Marr Chase, I was a Penei Sewell guy, but Chase is a great WR and an A+ prospect.

B+ - Carman Jackson, Injuries don't bother me, but some of his tape does. He wouldn't be a guy I'd trust at tackle, but he was an exceptional run blocker. Smart, kept with his assignments. I think he can be pretty solid at guard, like a Eric Steinbach. I can can see a lot of pulls to the other side, like we did for Rudi. At tackle he might struggle against the speed. Look at the video to see what I mean.

A - Joseph Ossai, he only had one single year and 9 games total as an edge player and came away with 55 tackles, 5.5 sacks and 15.5 tackles for lost. So natural and fluid when blitzing and stunting. Relentless and hard work ethic. Needs to get better at the point of attack against the run sometimes.

B - Cameron Sample, 6'3, 267 so he's got good size. He's another guy that was known for being relentless and finishing the play. A very solid pick.

A+ Tyler Shelvin, 6'3 346 a big nasty as they say. I absolutely love this pick. I think he'll be a Domata Peko or Vince Wilfork were his number will probably never do him justice. However, I think he'll help against the run tremendously. His biggest concern, is probably going to be himself.

B D’Ante Smith, has the height, length and speed you can't teach. If he hits the workout room and strengthens his frame he could really develop.

A Evan McPherson, he's one of the best kickers to come out in years. He can boom them, he can have pinpoint accuracy. Ultimately, he makes the team better.

I'm not sure how I feel about the last three yet. Overall, I'll give us a B+. This is going to turn out to be a very crucial draft and free agency for this franchise!

After watching that he seems like he’d be an awful tackle, but what he sucks at isn’t as big of an issue playing inside.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - BenZoo2 - 05-01-2021, 10:12 PM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - Dr.Z - 05-02-2021, 12:57 AM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - Dr.Z - 05-02-2021, 01:06 AM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - Dr.Z - 05-02-2021, 02:13 AM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - CarolinaBengalFanGuy - 05-02-2021, 06:46 AM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - CJD - 05-02-2021, 08:27 PM
RE: Grade The Bengals Draft Of 2021 - tms - 05-05-2021, 07:23 PM