Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-03-2021, 12:13 AM)Synric Wrote: Fans have short memories and Bengals fans are specifically jaded by the Ogbuehi and Fisher picks but if you look at his entire career in Cincy he had some excellent draft picks more than he had bad ones (nobody is perfect).

I have no idea why he was fired from the Bengals or the Cowboys but I do know since then he has become the go to guy for most of the top prospects getting ready for the draft. He also teaches new scouts what to look for in offensive line prospects.

Paul Alexander also put out an online course last year for everyone. I loved it. 

I remember when he was the guy. 

I remember when this team was garbage and had bad coaches everywhere and bad players everywhere but always had a good line because of Alexander's scouting and coaching.

And that is why I have the question of what happened. When did he go from just pulling rabbits out of his hats to just missing and not getting the most out of guys anymore. 

I am not coming down on him, I am honestly curious what changed that made the line start to slip and his scouting to slip. And not just here, but also in Dallas. It just... was weird.

I do find it weird though that Mike is reaching out to a guy he fired for advice. That just seems... odd. Maybe it is common in football but.. it just seems odd.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - Murdock2420 - 05-03-2021, 12:19 AM