Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-03-2021, 12:19 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I do find it weird though that Mike is reaching out to a guy he fired for advice. That just seems... odd. Maybe it is common in football but.. it just seems odd.

Mike Brown you can bet is still calling the shots on draft day.  I am willing to bet it was Mike Brown that allowed the media to write up feel good stories about Katie, Troy, Duke and whoever taking over.  When the fans start not coming to the games anymore (I think that's been pretty evident for awhile now), they probably needed to give fans a reason to believe their was changes coming.  I think they had no choice because the fans have been blaming MB for the Bengals failures since 91.  They had to shake things up to take some of the heat off.

While others may have additional duties, you can bet your ass  nobody's getting drafted without MB's stamp of approval.  It's not surprising that MB would reach out to someone who's been loyal to him for 20+ years.  His trust in Paul runs quite deep I'm sure.

MB will remain the top dog with the final say as long as he's above ground, just like his dad did.  Any of you who believe otherwise are just fooling yourselves.  
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - 2MinutesHate - 05-03-2021, 01:29 AM