Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Punching Bags and their Replacements
(05-03-2021, 12:43 AM)Benton Wrote: Just curious where that data came from. Everything I'd seen had Burrow as 2.25 - 2.5. Not to mention, I didn't think Roesthlisberger was the worst protected QB.

It's not time to hit, so Roethlisberger wasn't the worst protected. It's time to throw. He just threw tons of very very short passes quickly. He only attempted 7.1 air yards per pass attempt, which was bottom-10 in the league. (Burrow was at 8.7 for reference.)

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-intended-yards

Is a place to get a lot of the stats but only for the last 5 years as I think that's how long it's been kept track of. I Pro Football Reference has some more/different stats, but theirs only covers the last 3 years I believe. There's some interesting stuff on both. If it's actually useful statistics or what it actually means can probably vary a bit, but it's more hard data to play around with and mull over, at least.

It's the NFL's official advanced stat page, so I would take that 2.65 as closer to reality than the 2.25-2.5 you're saying you saw. I don't think 2.25 exists. Ben's 2.3 is the only season lower than 2.38 that the NFL has in their stats which cover the last 5 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Punching Bags and their Replacements - TheLeonardLeap - 05-03-2021, 04:24 AM