Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
The angst against Paul Alexander developed incrementally.  He would start players that  fans view were less talented. I. E.; Eric gutcheck. And others. But I can see why college offense lineman would go to him and others to get noticed by scouts and for training. They don't go just to Paul Alexander they go to many different people.

Carman was seen by several NFL personnel as a first-rounder I don't have the link but those in the know were stating something to the effect that those in the NFL had Carman more highly ranked than the mock draft community.  

Carman played his last year at Clemson with the herniated disc and was in a lot of pain and some thought he should have set out that season but he wanted to be out there with his teammates to help them win.  There was a respected sports training team in Dallas that spoke very highly of him and Big Willie vouched for him.  

I am certain that it wasn't unanimous for the chase pick.  The Cincinnati Bengals war room was probably somewhat divided like the fan base and public were over the two choices.

Frank Pollack would of had major input as his job is on the line. Those in the know had Carman as the top "guard"  in the draft. Even higher than Vera-Tucker.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - psychdoctor - 05-03-2021, 12:36 PM