Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-03-2021, 04:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That may indeed have been the reality, but certainly not the feel I got from reading the article.  The team has (seemingly) went to some efforts in recent years to downplay Mike B's current role in operations.  Now, why would the team allow SI to produce an article with the appearance that the team President was looking to a former employee for draft input?  Seems to me that if it were really Duke Tobin and Frank Pollack wanting Alexander's insights, the article would have reflected such.

I think you're reading to much into this brother. If you look at what Paul said, it sounds like either he just contacted Mike and offered input on the linemen he had worked with, or they reached out to Paul and he chose to talk to Mike directly - 'I go right to the top'. Either way, they ended up getting input from both Paul and Willie...both guys had worked with Carman personally, but in Duke's case, he reached out to Willie.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/willie-anderson-gives-stamp-of-approval-on-second-round-pick-jackson-carman
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - Bengalholic - 05-03-2021, 05:26 PM