Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-03-2021, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What concerned me a bit was Pollack saying in an interview that he did not attend Clemson's Pro Day, so he did not see Carman in person.

With that said, it's not like Mike Brown made this decision in the a vacuum.
He sought the opinions of a longtime OL coach (Paul Alexander) and arguably his second-best OL player in franchise history (Willie Anderson) on Carman, who both worked with Carman.

Pollack also said he spoke to him loads on zoom. The coaches feed in but ultimately it is Tobin who makes the picks.

(05-03-2021, 05:46 PM)TheBengalsMind Wrote: I completely agree. He was definitely our pick.

I also believe, though I can't confirm with any certainty. That if we had got Kenny Golladay, Penei Sewell would of been the pick.

The only glaring flaw at all for Joe Burrow, last year, was the deep ball. He could never seem to get in a rhythm with anybody going deep. 

Now it was probably 65% offensive lineman and 35% our WR's not having the ability to get consistent separation on deep routes. Move the percentage as you all see fit.

But it seems the Bengals brass wanted to fix both. So, I feel Chase and Carman were plan B. I feel Chase is better than Golladay. Hopefully time proves them right on Carman.

I don't think the Bengals were seriously in on Golladay and they were just happy to be used as leverage.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - TJHoushmandzadeh's Shiny Shoes - 05-04-2021, 10:18 AM