Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-04-2021, 10:59 AM)AtomicBlaze Wrote:  I still don't think the OL is very good.  Personally I would have used the top 2 picks on OL.  I would have used the 3rd and 4th to trade back up into the 1st to grab a second premium OL that fell.  Then I would feel confident we upgraded the OL.  I would have tried to find a speedy receiver in the 5th-7th.  By improving the OL we improve both the running game and passing game and we keep the QB healthy.  We also can sustain long drives to help control time of possession so it also helps the defense.  Also the future of our OL seems dismal, our best player is on a 1 year contract.  And our LT of the future can't stay healthy.  The future of this team is shit because we didn't fix the problem this year.  Also if you have read any of my posts I think it was ridiculous to use a 2nd round pick OL with a history of back injuries.  I am pretty pissed off about what they did to Burrow last year and I am even more upset this year because they are going to let it happen again after he is returning from injury.

This is why I am glad that they are not using your plan to build the team! So by your theory teams build their lines through "premium" prospects which according to your post must mean only first round selections. Well, your theory could not be any further from the truth. Actually, having first round prospects at both OG positions is extremely rare and actually when looking at the top 10 offensive lines in 2020 there were only 8 first round OGs out of the 20 players. Only one team in the top 10 had two first round OGs, the Saints, and they did not make the playoffs.

Under your theory not having a number one receiver is a path to success. You want a speedy WR? Maybe we should bring Ross back is he not fast? Or wait speedy by your terminology.

You are correct improving the O line helps sustain drives and improves both the running and the passing game. Which is why it is a good thing we worked to improve the O line. The future of the O line is not dismal at all unless you do not have the ability to look objectively at it.

Jackson Carman is going to be a tremendous upgrade at one of the OG spots. As well, contrary to your sensationalizing, he does not have a "history" of injury...unless of course you consider a single injury a "history". 

Jonah Williams is an outstanding LT and unfortunately no team has a crystal ball going into a season to know if players will get injured. However, if he does get injured we have a nice option in Riley Reiff to slide to LT.

D'Ante Smith I believe will end up being the steal of this draft. He already has shown a really good foundation to build upon and will add bulk and strength in an NFL weight program.

Trey Hopkins is a really good center and should be ready to go before the season opens.

Spain has actually graded out very well over his career....except under Jim Turner.

Now as has already been addressed is that science does not agree at all with your dramatization of the procedure that Carman had and it is a common procedure amongst professional athletes across virtually all sports today.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - OSUfan - 05-04-2021, 12:18 PM