Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-04-2021, 08:28 AM)OSUfan Wrote: Paul Alexander was generally pretty good at evaluating talent he just was not good at continuing to develop that talent. You were as good as you were getting when you came to the Bengals under Alexander unless you were willing to develop yourself which I believe was the case with guys like Whit and Anderson. In some cases players regressed under Alexander like Zeitler.

I've seen similar behavior from some people that I've worked with.
You have some people who actively try to learn more to become better in their careers voluntarily and will proactively seek out that education in various ways.
Yet there are others where you have to provide all the training for them and provide them the free capacity to do it if you want them to improve.

You always want those who will voluntarily put in the effort themselves because they care about their personal development, and you can ask questions in an interview to get an idea of how motivated they are and what approach they take, but you never fully know until you see them in the job.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - ochocincos - 05-04-2021, 01:18 PM