Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired?
(05-04-2021, 07:15 PM)J24 Wrote: Both; why would you not have a conversation with one of the top minds in the game that works with a ton of prospects? As far as I'm concerned the relationship that this organization has with Paul is 100% an advantage for them. 

It's sounds like Mike actually did something smart for once and people are complaining about for no reason.

Respect your opinion, but I have to disagree. The game passed him by and his picks of late reflected that. His experience (and lack of employment) make him a fine choice for prospects to work with, but that doesn't give Paul a great eye for talent.

(05-04-2021, 07:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I wonder how different that list would look, had the team went in another direction when they hired Marvin Lewis?  For all of our gripes about Lewis over his career, one thing was for certain;  He built the Bengal teams to be classic AFCN, ground and pound offenses with punishing defenses.  He built his teams to compete and win our division. 

Agreed. Marvin definitely made the Bengals into a true AFCN team. We started to develop an identity...which is something I feel this team has lacked without him. That doesn't mean I want Marvin around LOL ... but it'd be nice if the FO actually learned something from Marvin's 16 year run.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Perhaps Mike Brown isn't so Semi-Retired? - Shake n Blake - 05-04-2021, 09:55 PM