Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do You Realize How Long It Has Been?
(05-04-2021, 09:05 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Basically the last offensive Rookies I recall contributing were all drafted by Jay Gruden.

in his 3 short years here the offensive players drafted were

AJ Green, Andy Dalton, Clint Boling, Zeitler,  Sanu, Marvin Jones, Tyler Eifert, and Gio Bernard.

He did not miss on many, maybe Orson Charles and a few late round OL, but that's it.

Think finally this years draft will yield some instant help though.

Man, those were the days. Not that we drafted anyone who gave you the tingles, but you didn't automatically go "Oh, well, see you next season."

It's like Final Destination for our first round picks. You don't know when or how they're going to go down... you just know they will.

(05-04-2021, 09:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It's not a condemnation of Burrow as I believe he has tons of promise and potential, and at the risk of being lynched....

Did he?

Burrow was 2-7-1 as a starter and 3% below average as a QB. If you take away the name, the draft position, the promise and potential and just look at it from a purely statistical standpoint, I don't think he did.

Dude had a garbage line. Can't fault a QB too much if he's basically got some guys who can't stay healthy and some vets hanging on for their last payday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do You Realize How Long It Has Been? - Benton - 05-04-2021, 11:44 PM