Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done
(05-04-2021, 03:16 PM)OSUfan Wrote: The more attention given to stopping receivers makes Mixon chomp at the bit!

I keep thinking about Mixon.  He is probably the most energetic guy we have on the roster when it comes to cheering for his team.  That sounds hokey, but when he was injured (haha) and he ran all the way down the field to jump on AJ Green after his game-winning TD against Atlanta in the final seconds...well, I will just say I liked it.

When you consider that the Bengals:

Paid him
Signed Pollack
Added the biggest guard (or damn near it) in the draft
Added a solid RT from FA
Released Gio (so maybe he might actually start being used as a receiver)
Added the hands-down best WR in the draft (Remember his tweet about stacking the box no mo?)
Signed his buddy and former OK teammate, Perine (Yes, it was the Texans, but it had to kill Mixon to see him go off for 95 yards on 13 carries and 2 TDs...He probably was seeing how those two changes at Guard made such a difference)
Added another solid blocking TE (Moss)

It says to me that they self-scouted enough to realize that they need to have more balance on offense, and a healthy Mixon can make that happen.  It might also sound hokey, but I would think the practice reps are going to be a lot better preparation with the defense as constructed now as opposed to the M*A*S*H unit they rolled out last year. 

The Browns really got their offense going by fixing their offensive line with better players and a better coach, which helped their rushing attack take off.  I am hoping the Bengals get a similar payback for their efforts there as well.  

I believe this offense as it sits can 30-burger any team in the league.  That is a bit optimistic given how awful they looked against the likes of Baltimore last year, and you can imagine they would have also struggled against the elite defenses like the Rams and Bucs, but they have had such a massive upgrade on the offensive line vs. what essentially started last year (XSF going down in week 1).  The addition of Chase.  They didn't lose any weapons outside of Gio.  Of course, it will all come down to the big guys (Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Boyd, Higgins, Sample, Uzo, Moss) being healthy, but combined with the aforementioned improvements for the rushing attack, this offense has me more excited than I was when the Bengals had Green in his prime.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done - SHRacerX - 05-05-2021, 08:36 AM