Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done
(05-05-2021, 08:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: They had a plan to get better overall It did not align with your pic of Sewell or  noone is a good pick plan. As I studied the draft, it was very obvious, the OL position group was deeper than the WR group, there were no obvious #1 WR's after 1st 15 picks. So, they went Chase who is a stud and made our top 3 WR's group one of best in league. 

They signed a great pass protector in Reiff to start st RT. Then drafted an OL with pick 2 and by trading down got 2 additional picks in round 4.

I may mot agree with all the choices. but do agree with their draft strategy in 2021.

I didn’t have a “pic” of Sewell or “noone” so you’re wrong as usual. I would have been fine with trading down and drafting Slater, Darrisaw, or Vera-Tucker, and accumulating multiple picks to address multiple positions. It was Tobin who was locked in on his “pic” of one of three players and refusing to view the draft any other way.

And if you’re idea of a great strategic plan is to draft a projection with weight and injury concerns in the second round and apply a one year bandaid to the RT position making it a draft need again next year then I don’t think you understand strategic thinking.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-05-2021, 09:20 AM