Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done
(05-05-2021, 12:35 AM)Benton Wrote: I loved our defensive picks.

I don't think we're going to be a top  10 defense, but I think we're going to be more consistent. We're deeper on defense than we've been in years. Honestly, I think on that side we just need somebody to make a few big plays throughout the year  and spark a few games.

I am all over the place with this defense.  I could talk myself in to them being a top 10 unit with a bunch of high-energy, relentless guys that have depth and talent on the defensive line now.  The LBs are a year older and will have a better offseason to prepare, plus they made a few more nice FA acquisitions to prevent the likes of a LeShawn Sims from ever seeing the field again. 

Then, I look at the question marks:  What is Tre Waynes?  Will he be even a solid option at outside CB?  Will the young pass rushers make an impact?  Will Reader start to look like what we thought we were getting?  The depth is massively improved, but there are still a lot of question marks.  I will say this, though:  they will probably have a lot more energy and enthusiasm with an offense that can attack you a number of ways and not always be going 3 and out.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done - SHRacerX - 05-05-2021, 09:25 AM