Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done
(05-05-2021, 09:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I am all over the place with this defense.  I could talk myself in to them being a top 10 unit with a bunch of high-energy, relentless guys that have depth and talent on the defensive line now.  The LBs are a year older and will have a better offseason to prepare, plus they made a few more nice FA acquisitions to prevent the likes of a LeShawn Sims from ever seeing the field again. 

Then, I look at the question marks:  What is Tre Waynes?  Will he be even a solid option at outside CB?  Will the young pass rushers make an impact?  Will Reader start to look like what we thought we were getting?  The depth is massively improved, but there are still a lot of question marks.  I will say this, though:  they will probably have a lot more energy and enthusiasm with an offense that can attack you a number of ways and not always be going 3 and out.  

I don't think Waynes is a question mark. We didn't get to see him play last year, but his pec injury should be way behind him, and we know what he was in Minnesota. My biggest questions are Reader and Hopkins, and how their leg injuries are coming along. Both of them are tough SOBs though and should be ready to go, and Reader seemed really hyped to have Ogunjobi beside him.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: PFF: Cincinnati did exactly what it should have done - Sled21 - 05-05-2021, 09:35 AM